DRAY ~08

Chaos. Madness.

Few steps before reaching where Natalie and Weston are standing,I look back at steve.  Heis embracing his mother. His father was beside him. 

I could see it all. The emotions are pouring. The walls are cracking. He is not hiding anything. He is not showing it all either. But I see it.

I know him. Yesterday. The day before that and the day before that.

I know him even though I don’t know him at all.I just met him and yet, I know him. He has been an open book ever since we met. He brought love where rejection existed.

I know him.

“the way you look at him, you like him.” Carter says beside me.

A chuckle escapes my lips, followed with a  smile too. “You know the truth carter,” I say back but my eyes never left Steve. They can't.

How can a mere thought of a man I just met make me tremble. Make me wish?

“Do I know though? Your eyes, your heart begs to differ.”

“I guess I'm just horny.” I shot back at him. Flirting with Carter has always been a way to pass time. A way to hide the fact that I was dating Weston infront of people. 

Some even thought I and Carter could be a thing. But maybe now they know why? They might think he was covering for his brother's absence.

I bring my eyes back to Steve and his mother. Now he is looking at me. I smile wide, my heart smiles with it. Shit. This is a bad time to fall in love. A bad time to like someone. I just got out of a  relationship a few hours ago.

I want to be near him. Close to him every minute. And my body betrays me as my legs start to head in his direction, only for a voice to stop me in my trucks. And for a moment, Steve looks like he is about to run to my side.

He can't protect me forever. I can fight my own battles, I just haven't decided if I want to yet.

“handsome isn’t he?” Natalia says. Her hand grab my elbow. A little tighter than necessary. “but dangerous.” She adds. “ Be careful. Be very careful bestfriend.”

I could taste the venom in her words. She is spiteful at the way she says be careful. The anger which she doesn’t want to let it show, pours out of her. She is good at playing angel, but she doesn’t know this, I am best at playing too. That’s why in four years, no one knew I was dating her so-called fiancé.

Except for her.

She knew it all. And here she was marrying him.

I forgot about this fact. How did I forget that I was attending their wedding. I turned to look at Steve and the answer came in waves. He made me forget. He made me. 

He kept his promise. Even now as he is far away from me, he is keeping his promise.

He waves at me, a smile on his face. Love in his eyes. 

'I would stop the world from spinning for you' he said. Sometimes , it feels like he did. I am standing on solid ground because of him. And now, now I know how much of a fool I have been.

“He is mine.” I answer her. My eyes turn back to Natalia who is looking at me with disgust in her eyes.

Beside her, Weston is silent. Barely breathing. I swear I don’t see him breathing at all.