DRAY ~21

A buzz from my phone wakes me up. I must have fallen asleep in Steve's arms.

My phone rings again. I look at it. Weston.

I close my eyes and open them. It's still him. I look at the watch. My heart races. It's time. Is he really going through this?

" Who is it?" Steve asks

"Weston."

Steve groans then wakes up. I can see the same thing going through his mind. "Go to him." He says.

****

"This is wow!"

I can't help but admire his this outdoor venue turned out. It's so magical. So beautiful. 

White. Brown. Every color of a flower is here. God I love spring.

"You love spring. That's why I chose this time of the year." Weston says.

"Mmh." That's all I can come up with. If this was another time. Another wedding and nothing has happened, then this scene wed be the best.

"Why did you call me?" Ask him. I notice I have been avoiding to look at him. And now that see, his face is red, especially where I was punching him. "I am sorry about that." I point to his bruise. 

"Never mind. I called you here to apologize." He says." Am truly sorry. About everything."

Our four years together flash by in front of me. It wasn't all bad. In fact. It was beautiful.

We have good times more than bad times. How did I not see this?

 I sit at one of the chairs and pat the next one. Motioning for him t come. He does and sit beside me.

“Did you ever love me? Truly?” I find myself asking. 

He smiles. Take my hand to him then kiss it. I don’t pull back. I let him. “In this life, we get two chances of finding true love. I met Steve and fell in love with him in ten seconds, no questions asked. Then I lost him. Then I met you. I opened my heart to you and I fell in love with you. You were supposed to be my last love. My last hope. But it seems I am not capable of that. I am capable of ruining any good thing that happens to me.” He says. He releases my hand, then rubs it on his silk trouser. “I never regretted meeting you or steve. But I regret meeting her. I regret bringing her into my life and making her sacrifice a lot for me. That is my only regret.”

“Weston, she didn’t sacrifice anything. She manipulated you and used you to get what she wanted. She is sick. She is a  psycho. You can't marry her just to feel responsible.”

“I have nothing left to give drayton. No one will love me and I don’t think I have any love to give. So me marrying her is also a part of protecting her from endangering anyone else's life.”

“we can learn to love again. you can learn to love again. you never know. You might find someone who will love you as you are.” I plea.

“And what is that?” he asks.

“Weston please.”

“If the world didn’t find out about her sins, then everything would have become the truth. This could have been her wedding day. She could have been happy. It's her first time loving someone in her entire life. And that someone just happened to be me.”

“What about you? You are not happy.”

“I don’t deserve to be happy. This is my punishment.”

“I am going nuts. I really am. Do you know what pains me right now? The fact that I don’t hate you. The fact that I still care about you. The fact that you were and still are a part of my life and I just can't turn that part off for my own happiness. That doesn’t mean I forgive you for what you kept me through, but I don’t hate you, Weston. What am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to live happily ever after with Steve after knowing all this? I am supposed to let you marry her even when I know both of you will end up miserable, mostly you?”