DRAY~22

“You love me. You do. You have always loved me.” Natalia says. The look on her face is  cynical. Almost psycho. 

If you look closely you can see she is smiling. Enjoying this moment.

“Please don’t do this, leave me alone. Just leave me alone.” Weston cries. His whole body is shaking. Desperation in his eyes. Something I have never seen before. “I am begging you. Please. It's enough. This is enough.”

“enough? Who said that? You used me to get my brother to jail. You destroyed my family and in the process you fell in love with me. And I love you. I have always loved you. So nothing is enough.” She screams at Weston.

The impact almost made me flinch. This is new to me. I have never seen Natalia like this before. But everything clicks. 

“No, no. You destroyed your family Nat, you did. I wanted to come clean. The same night, I was on the police station door ready to save the man I love but you, you came running. You pulled me back by telling a bunch of lies. You fucking did this.”

“Yes, because  I was saving you. Can't you see my love for you?”

“PLEASEEEE, just leave me alone. I don’t love you. I have never loved you. Just let me be, I beg you.”

The look of horror cross her eyes.  She is about to start crying but then, she is laughing her lungs out. Tears flowing down her cheeks. 

I take a step back. Scared of what she might do next. 

“Well, brace yourself honey because we are getting married.” Her voice is low and sweet. Dripping with honey. But we can all see it. 

Weston eyes closes. Frustration on his face. He grabs his hair, pulls it tight. I fear he might pull them off.
“No. We are not.” He says

Natalia nods her head then slowly walks to her handbag. The silence is deafening. Thrilling. Thin air passes through each one of us waiting to see what she will do.

Part of me hopes she will give up. Find her own happiness and let it go. But I know it won't be that easy. I know.

The gasps that left Carter's lips brought me back to my senses. Then my lungs give out. For a moment, air couldn’t pass through my chest. I can't breathe.

“Put that down,'' Steve says. Steps in front of me, blocking my view of Natalia with a gun. Or Maybe he is blocking her view of mine. Between the two, I can't come up with the answer, just that image of her holding a gun knocks me off my balance.

“No,” she says. “You see big brother, if I can't have him, no one gets to have him.” She plays with it. Shake it slowly up and down. Her eyes went from Weston to me.

“Hey Natalia, this is wrong.” Carter shouts.

“Drop it.” Steve says. Too calm for my liking.

Weston is on the verge of breaking down. He just looks at her. There is no fear in his eyes. Just…exhaustion. He wants all this to end. Everything to end. 

He grabs his hair and screams. Scratching his face in the process.

It's scary.

It's…heartbreaking.

He goes to stand in front of Steve. Completely blocking my view. “Okay,” he says. “Let's end this. Let's go together. No one can have me anyway.” He sighs.

Natalia laughs. “what? You don’t want your lover to die? Well too bad. If I am not in your heart Weston then all this is for nothing.”

“NATALIA ENOUGH.” I hear skin connecting skin. Then silence follows.