Chapter 1 - Pokémon, I Choose You

Everyone holds a dream close to their heart. They feel it gives them purpose, a destiny to fulfill. Well, there is a world where creatures of incredible powers help make those dreams possible. This world is the world of Pokémon. Pokémon come in many shapes and sizes, each with its own special abilities. Much of the history of this world is lost to time, leaving to rumors and speculations, but humans and Pokémon peacefully inhabit this world. The world is divided into several regions, each with its exclusive Pokémon, and are aware of the other regions. Pokémon are often caught by humans as pets, but those who train these amazing creatures compete against other humans and their Pokémon in contests of strategy and skills. One day, the best of the best trainers can become Pokémon Masters. Let us turn our attention to one specific region, where it is the eve of a young boy's tenth birthday.

   The boy's name was Ash Ketchum. Ash had black hair, his eyes were brown and had a tanned skin complexion. He stood in his green-walled bedroom with a blue floor and a golden-brown-colored door with matching frames and rims on the wall. Two single windows sat in the room, one was on the wall opposite the door with matching colors as the door. When walking into the room the second mirror was on the left-hand side. A dresser that was the same golden brown sat in the corner against the walls where the windows sat. Opposite the dresser, was a desk protruding from a suspended bed. Sitting on top of the dresser was a television set playing a live broadcast. The broadcast was of a Pokémon match where one trainer had recalled one of their Pokémon. Not a moment later, the trainer threw a red and white ball into the arena where it popped open, unleashing a blue light that was so pail, it was almost white. The light morphed into a long shape before disbursing into particles, revealing a large creature that looked like a snake but also looked like it was made of boulders at the same time.
   "Alright, go get'em Onix," Ash chanted happily with a large grin on his face. "That'll be me someday. I just know it."
   At the base of Ash's bed was an orb-like object which he grabbed and held firmly in his hand.
   "I'm gonna become the next great Pokémon Master," Ash announced loudly. "Do you hear me Pokémon of the world? I'll be the next Pokémon Master!!"
   "Ash Ketchum," yelled a female voice.
   The voice caused Ash to lose his footing and throw the orb object by reflex. In the doorway was his mother, Delia Ketchum.
   "It's eleven o'clock," she boomed as she opened the orb, revealing it to be a clock. "You should be in bed young man!"
   "Aw, but mom," complained Ash. "I can't help it. I'm too excited to sleep. My mind's racing with which Pokémon to pick at Professor Oak's lab."
   "Well..." sighed Delia. "You're not the only one. I remember being like that once too. Still, you should watch something to help you. I think there's a re-run of Professor Oaks' announcement now."

   Delia grabbed the television remote and pressed the channel button until the screen showed a tanned man with brown-grey hair wearing a red shirt and a white lab coat holding a rod in his hands. Behind him was a bulletin board with three pictures. One picture resembled a turtle but it was standing on its hind legs and had a swirly tail. The second was an orange lizard standing on two legs and had a little fire on its tail. And the third was a quadrupedal creature with what looked like a flower bulb on its back.
   "Good evening Pallet Town," said the man. "My name is Professor Oak. To those who turn ten years old tomorrow, you are eligible to receive your first Pokémon from my lab. Squirtle, Charmander, or Bulbasaur."
   Ash was glued to the program with widened eyes as he sat in his chair while leaning forward.
   "Okay, Ash, when the program is over, get changed and go to bed," Delia smiled as she patted Ash's shoulder.
   Ash was listening, but he was captivated by what he was watching.
   I'll be the next Master, Ash told himself. I'm going to be! I'm going!!

   Later that night, Ash was sound asleep in his bed dreaming of the Pokémon he was supposed to pick from. As he slept, Ash muttered about the Pokémon, paraphrasing the information Professor Oak said on television. Such as, Bulbasaur being simple to train made him an ideal choice for beginners. While muttering, Ash nudged the head of his bed which caused the clock to fall into his open hand. A few minutes later, he was muttering again, but he accidentally threw the clock, smashing it in half.

Pokémon Retold: Part 1 - The Indigo Adventuresजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें