Chapter 6 - Guardian of the Hidden Village

As Ash and his friends were traveling toward Cerulean City, they took a break in the forest along their path.
   "Ash, are you sure you want to go through with the Cerulean gym," Misty asked nervously.
   "I mean, it's what Brock suggested," Ash said as he scratched his cheek. "And I'm not experienced so..."
   "Oh...I get it," Misty said with a defeated tone.
   Ash looked away sadly, thinking that he made Misty upset her.
   "So, how far are we from the city Brock," Ash asked.
   "Well, this area isn't on my map," Brock said. "So I'm not sure of our current spot Ash."
   "Sorry..." Ash said sadly.
   "Hey, it's alright," Brock said. "Traveling comes with a lot of unexpected twists."
   Ash gave a slight smile as Pikachu nuzzled into Ash's cheek. The group continued hiking through the forest.

   Through tall grass and the thick covering of trees, Ash and his friends found a clearing with large boulders.
   "How about a break guys," Brock suggested.
   "Good idea," Misty said with a groan.
   Ash and Pikachu sat on a boulder and soaked up the sunlight. Misty was doing much of the same, but she made sure to keep off of her legs. Brock was looking over the map and scratched his aching head. A few minutes later, the trio was ready to get going again, they heard a splashing of water. Ash spun around to see a Pokémon that was a blue ball with stubby legs and green leaves on top.
   "Wonder what that is," Ash said as he pulled out his Pokédex.
   "Oddish, the Weed Pokémon," said the small computer. "This Pokémon is commonly found roaming the forest, scattering pollen as it walks around."
   "Hey, he's kinda cute," Ash said.
   "I got this one," Misty said with a smile.
   "Wait what," Ash asked. "Why're you gonna catch it?"
   "Watch and learn," Misty said as they heard Oddish saying its name while running. "Staryu, go!"
   She threw her Pokéball and out popped the starfish with a gem in its center. Ash was shocked to see the Pokémon. He pointed his Pokédex at it to gain its information.
   "Staryu, the Star Shape Pokémon," said the Pokédex. "The core of this Pokémon is valued by some as a type of jewelry. Its condition is often notified by its core pulsating."

   Oddish skidded to a halt as Staryu landed and ran in a different direction.
   "Staryu, Water Gun," Misty commanded.
   Staryu shot a pressurized stream of water out of its top spike and launched Oddish into the air.
   "Way to spray Staryu," Misty complimented. "Now use Tackle!"
   Without hesitation, Staryuhurled itself onto Oddish, sending to tumbling down a few feet away. Misty pulled out a Pokéball and activated it before furling it at Oddish. In a flash, the ball dropped to the ground as if a baseball bat struck it.
   "What the heck," Misty panicked.
   "Over there," Ash announced as a two-foot quadrupedal figure jumped out of the nearby brush.
   The figure was a Pokémon with teal skin, dark-teal patches on its legs, forehead, and sides, small ears, a green plant bulb on its back, three sharp toes on each foot, and a pair of bright red eyes.
   "IT'S A BULBASAUR," Ashshouted with stars in his eyes, "I thought only Professor Oak had them!"
Bulbasaur tackled Staryu, knocking it out in one hit. Mitsy saw that Staryu's light was pulsing very slowly. She recalled it back into its ball. Ash pulled out a Pokéball and threw it, releasing Butterfree.
   "Butterfree, use SleepPowder," Ash commanded.
   Butterfree flew over Bulbasaurand and flapped off blue spores, like in Veridian Forest. The Bulbasaur matched Butterfree with its own Sleep Powder. Bulbasaur's attack had more air pressure behind it, causing the powder to hit Butterfree. Ash's Pokémon began feeling woozy and gently floated to the ground. Capitalizing on the opportunity, Bulbasaur tackled Butterfree, knocking it back.
   "Butterfree no," Ash panicked as he ran to catch his Pokémon.
   Bulbasaur looked at Ash, seeing how visibly worried he was for Butterfree. The Pokémon's eyes widened in confusion before it brushed the feelings off and ran back into the brush.
   "What was that about," Brock asked.
   "I don't know," Ash answered sadly. "I kinda wish I caught it though..."