3- Aftermath

I cried.

I cried so hard makeup ran down my face and my eyes were swollen like balloons. My lips wobbled, drool dribbling down my chin and mucus down my cupids bow. Only once have I cried like this, and that was when my father died. But now it seems like I'm going to die. Why am I going to die, you ask?

Because I slapped the heir to the Bloodwyn Monarchy. I slapped him, in a room full of 1,000 students and dozens of teachers. A room full of witnesses. I don't even care that I slapped his beautiful face in general. I just care that there was witnesses to atone to it.

So as I sit in the bathroom on the toilet, ignoring the banging and roaring of who knows who or what outside the stall, I cried. My chest heaved up and down like it had weights on it. It felt as if my throat had a snake on it, crushing my lungs. Might as well call my mom and tell her to prepare my casket. My first day of school and I'm already on deathrow! Even though it's not official, I know it. I'm going to die.

Suddenly, the whole bathroom gets quiet. The door closes and opens repeatedly. It sounds like no one is here, so I really begin to wail.

"What have I done?!" I sob.

"You haven't done anything wrong, so I don't know why your so pissy."

I wipe my tears from my face and open the stall to meet eyes with Yannara and... Jasper. My heart sunk to my chest, like a little rock floating in a pit of ocean. Have I died already and just don't know it? Are they some sort of angels sent down from God to lead me to heaven? Or hell possibly. I'm not the ideal saint.

"Are you guys going to drown me in the toilet?" I ask.

Yannara laughs a nervous one. It seemed she too felt as if she was on deathrow, being my friend and all.

"Me personally, no." I look at Jasper, whose cheek is still flushed red with a faint hand mark on it.

He had the face of an angry father, ready to give a lecture. No wonder why so many say he looks like King Sebastian. They both mimic each other's faces and poses.

"I already made everyone delete the videos and photos off their phones. And I have a personal hacker making sure they actually do. Your not going to get persecuted for a mistake." They even have the same authoritative voice.

My heart drops for the millionth time today.

"I didn't mean to hit you!" I exclaim, knees wobbling. I had to apologize to him for an obvious mistake. Anyone could see I was aiming for Adrianna, but somehow he managed to get in the way. Maybe it was to protect her. It's possible they are dating, after all. Birds of a feather flock together.

But I hoped this wasn't some sick manipulative prank. I felt too vulnerable right now, too weak. Anything done to me right now would make me collapse. My bad bitch demeanor could only hold up for so long. I'm a crybaby, I admit. Jasper smirks, but it fades away as quickly as it comes.

"I know. But if you had hit Adrianna, she'd really give you a reason to cry. Her father is mayor of Seattle and could make you and your mother's life worse. C'mon, I just hope this hasn't gotten to the press."

I walk out the stall, wiping my eyes. Wait. How does he know my mother? But besides that. He isn't doing this just to be nice! There has to be a catch.

"You didn't do this just out of kindness. What do you want?" Yannara's breath hitches in her throat. It seems as if our thoughts are on the same wave length.

"You'll find out later. Get cleaned up." He leaves the bathroom, leaving me with my mouth agape.

"You really know how to make things interesting. This school used to be so boring before you came." Yannara gibbers. I walk over to the sink and wipe off my runny mascara.