8- Carvings

I sit in the sauna for a while longer, mind amiss and absent. All I could think about was the marriage, and how this abrupt decision changed my entire life. How Jasper's decision changed my life. Out of the million of women in the world... He chooses me to be his wife?

You have to see the stupidity in that. There are models walking around as we speak with the mind of Einstein, yet he chooses some random girl whose a temp at 17. He chooses someone who has a breakdown at the sight of a clown to rule a country and govern his people.

What is his plan? Marry me, a nobody, so he can kill me once he gets his crown and be free? Torture me eternally for an accidental slap, and incidental disrespect?

Everyone is trying to tell me it's so much more to this ordeal. So much more than marriages and power and the continuation of bloodlines. And maybe even, a good deed on his part. A good deed and appreciation to commoners and lower class workers world wide. I guess...time will tell.

I grab my clothes stored outside the sauna, putting them on hurriedly. My skin felt so refreshed and moisturized, pores cleansed and muscles relaxed. The dress I was wearing gave my skin a fresh breathe of air. Yannara was right. I needed that. Ever since I received my acceptance into that damned highschool, I've been on edge.

But there is always a dawning realization that I need to be on the edge of things even more. Not only will I have to worry about getting married, but I will have to worry about...family.

My father's side of the family, The Mays, must be dying to meet me now that I am betrothed. How will they react to my half nobility? To my mother? From what I have heard of my father recently, they can't be any better than him considering they raised him.

And Jasper's family is all the more terrifying. There is hundreds of them, all striking and powerful. In middle school, we were given classes to learn about past and present members of the Royal families, their house animal, color, emblem, you name it. I already know half the members by heart because they are elderly and have made themselves known.

The children have yet to accomplish things and make themselves known, though Jasper was exempt from the few. We were barely taught anything about Dukes, Lord's, Baron's, and Viscount's yet. King's and Queens were the top priority. Before I even learned how to do my multiples I was to learn the names of the most recent Kings and their accomplishments.

I begin walking around the halls again, searching for my mother. By now, it's 12:15. I'd be well into 5th hour at school, learning about whatever.

"Mom?" I call out, peering down corridors and opening doors I hope was no one's room.

"Ma!" I yell, opening two very large doors of what seemed like a ball room.

The entire castle was crystal and nature themed, it seems. The large chandelier consisted of bronze and citrine gemstones, giving the entire room a sunset glow. It was large, the size of a football field, if not twice as big. Vines draped across the ceiling and sprouted out bizarre and outlandish flowers.

It was an empty room, but from the faint smell of wax and perfumes I knew it was used and cleaned constantly. An entire highschool could fit in this ballroom alone, and hold hundreds of people with enough space for them to have their very own room. Why does a ballroom need to be this huge?!

The whole room could tell stories, and I noticed that was a common occurrence in this castle. Their walls told stories that one wasn't able to know just by hearing, but also by seeing. This room conveyed stories of dances between the most famous figures in history, like Celeste the First.

She was the most beautiful woman in the kingdoms, married to Raemon Bloodwyn. If you were delusional or high enough, you'd be able to hear the laughter from the people of the dance that night.