24- Revelation

No one finished the marvelous platters of unlimited food sat before them. No one thirsted for the roasted turkey, the delicately decorated fruits and vegetables, the fountain of chocolate and rows of dishes I'd never seen before. No one spoke, or moved. Not a finger. The news of our new coming doom was too ghastly. Our eyes were the only perpetrators of movement, darting to look at the ones we loved. But all of them kept drifting towards me, clinging.

My eyes never left Jasper. My lips parted, then closed. I struggled to utter the smallest of words. Because what could I possibly say in a situation such as this? This was not the time for witty remarks, or eye rolling, or even time to raise hell. This was the time to think, to struggle as we regain composure out of shock.

But Jasper need not say a word. His eyes conveyed everything.

Those amber eyes burned with a ferocious anger that could burn down forests. It almost caused fear to lurch in my heart. Until I realized that anger was for me. It was bewildering, to say the least. To be loved so strongly that he would let the world burn for me, and everyone in it, including himself was bewildering. His eyes showed no threat at letting down this promise.

I felt nothing. I felt cold, as cold as King Adonis's touch, his mothers sneers, and the incorrigible violence in their eyes. As I released a shaky breath now, it seemed as if the temperature in the room dropped. My breaths came out in smoky tendrils of mist.

"We will discuss this, tomorrow. When the King is sober and we are all collected." Queen Felicity speaks up, staggering in her steps. My mother stepped towards me, her hands shaking.

"My baby. I promised to never let you go through this again, I promised. I'm so sorry baby. I'm a terrible mot-"

"Stop it, mom. We need to be strong right now. No matter what, the Pagos Family came here to wreck havoc upon ours. In one way or another. Falling into chaos is just what they want." I say.

Queen Felicity nods. "So you see. This has been their families tactic for years." She frowns, as if knowing she should have never accepted them into her home. Now their insanity will plague us distantly.

"No doubt Queen Siobhan killed her husband herself to instill chaos between our two monarchs. She has been bred to manipulate for our throne."

Jasmine frowns. "But why? Aren't they in like, the coldest region of the fucking world? Why do they wanna control us?"

Then it dawns on her.

"Oh..."

"They wish to expand their territory, or swap lands. Still vengeful over the Lock War, I see." Queen Felicity says.

"Enough of the history lesson. We must all rest tonight. Tomorrow, we shall plan." My mother adds, grabbing Queen Felicity's hand. An empathic like herself could easily read the room, and much easier be consumed by the emotions coursing through us. But before they walk out the door together, Queen Felicity struts to me.

I always noticed how alike she was to Jasper. The rise of their cheekbones, the curl of their lips. Both were utterly beautiful. She bends down slightly to plant a kiss on my forehead. The feeling was... unrecognizable.

"I am sorry, my...daughter. I too have wishes for different circumstances regarding both you and Jasmine. I wished it didn't have to be this difficult to ensure."

I grab her hand, holding it firmly. "There was nothing any of you could have done to prevent something like this from happening. It's okay!" I smile, at both Queen Felicity and my mother.

They doubt my cheerfulness, watching the twitch in my lips as my smile faltered, but take it as their sign to go. They know I need time to myself. Well, time alone with Jasper. This could possibly be our last days together if the odds aren't in our favour.