5- Family Reunion

Today is my second day of school.

But after I'd have to be picked up by Jasper. To do what? Probably meet his parents. Or, this is still a sick and prolonged joke leading me to my execution. I'd meet his parents- his father would have a sword, along with a smile. His mom would have open arms- and open shears.

Am I really going to get married in 8 months? In 8 months I was supposed to be getting ready for my senior year! Not marrying a Prince and becoming a Princess. This is a bullshit fate I know any other girl would trade their life for. So why give this destiny to me?!

It took everything in me to force myself out of bed. Staying in the cozy, warm comforter seemed like heaven to me. I wasn't ready to be dragged down to hell. My entire body, though rested, ached. It felt as if my muscles and bones were worn out from running a marathon. My head already began to pound profusely.

Who am I to be a pussy? If I stay in bed, I'll show the world I'm just a scary crybaby bitch who won't be fit to rule! Bile almost rises in my throat at the sudden thought of that.

Ruling? Me? A country? Me?!

I can't do this. I'm going to die! As much as it ruins my ego to say, I'm a follower! Not a leader! I struggle trying to lead a group project for Christs sake! For everyone and everything, I hope Jasper does all the leading and I do the lounging. Because if it were up to me, the world would be in uproar.

I force my legs to swing themselves off the side of my bed. My feet slap on the cold hardwood floor and sends goosebumps all up my body. The sudden temperature of the floor makes me want to stay in bed even longer, but still I force myself. To get up, make it through the day, and- though in vain- pray.

The black dress laying on my desk looked sultry and intimidating. I'm not wearing that to school. I'd get stared down all day, if I don't get dress coded first. But then again, I'm going with Jasper after school. I don't think I'd have time to change. Or given permission to change in the royal bathroom.

This whole ordeal feels so surreal, I thought as I slipped on the dress. My life wasn't supposed to go like this. Neither was my mother's. How could her life had gone? If she hadn't had met my dad, where could she be right now?

Acting alongside royalty? Working as a maid in some random duchesses house? The possibilities are unlimited. And I think she too knows where she would have been. It's sad to think about. She gave up her whole life for me. I adore and worship her for everything she has done, but I also hurt for how she has hurt.

When I become a princess, she will be the first persons life I make better. I'm taking my hair off the curlers, admiring how wavy and defined my braids are now. They didn't look bad like yesterday, which I was glad. I admired myself in the mirror, pondering over my attire.

The dress had a very deep v-neck plunge, which exposed almost all of my breasts but covered my shoulders in a thin, silk fabric. It barely went past my hips. If it weren't for the tightened material at my waist, it would've looked like a lingerie sleepwear. My mother would never allow me to leave the house like that. And I'd never be able to enter the school- whether the guidance counselor or jealous barbie's got to me first.

I'm dead meat.

Maybe the SpongeBob shirt and jeans wouldn't be bad. Who'd judge me? A family full of royalty? Intimidating and brooding Jasper? Black dress it is. I grab my bookbag and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my makeup. Me and my mom bump into each other quickly and we both gasp. Looks like I wasn't the only one who needed to dress up today!

She wore a red dress that flowed down to her knees, and covered her arms. The top half was slightly translucent, with a bright jeweled necklace to top it off. She too was dressed to kill. In a sultry middle aged woman way.