22- Time

Two months had passed.

Though life as a soon to be Princess, and later Queen was exciting, the ongoings at the castle was the complete opposite. My birthday sped closer and closer like a ticking bomb, and I slightly feared what would happen when it exploded. I'd be getting married to Jasper, heir to the throne and successor of the Bloodwyn family.

Though we loosened up and were slightly closer, the tension and awkwardness was still there. I had my room moved across from his in an empty chamber. It was as fantastic as my old one, but had warm colors of orange and brown. It was smaller, as I wished for, but nearly twice as glamorized. A chandelier with jewels the color of the sunset hung over my queen-sized bed. Secretly, I missed our time together in his room. Not to stay we did anything! I'm still a virgin with everything tightly sealed.

My mother was still recovering from her accident. She had to learn how to walk again, and exercise soon after to regain strength in her legs. I helped her every step of the way, going to the gym with her every weekend and sometimes afterschool. Mostly catching her before she fell, but also to catch up on lost time. I missed her so much. It pained me to experience the smallest amount of fear for losing her. I knew it did for Queen Felicity as well.

She was like a pale ghost, haunting and unforgiving. We both did our best to find out the psychopath running around our castle, the person that dared harm the person we love. The police and even federal government did their best to help, but this assaulter was a slippery snake. He left no evidence perfectly, and hid swiftly. There had been no further news from him, and no further danger. So far, I felt slightly safer to live within the walls of the castle knowing my stalker was gone.

Though I always felt watchful eyes. Half the time I knew who those eyes were. Jasmine, Jasper, Queen Felicity, Yannara...

But other times I didn't. And it frightened me out of my safe haven to know someone, something out there with putrid intentions was waiting for the perfect time to strike. The perfect time to catch my vulnerability and use it to their advantage.

My school life has otherwise remained boring. People have steered clear of me under Jasper's orders. Even Lance, who I tried to reconcile with many times with futile attempts. But I couldn't judge him for that. If someone was out for even my mother, what's to stop them for being out for him?

It saddened me to know someone who was once a friend can't even be inches near me without his life in jeopardy. Oliver was the same, but he was slightly warmer compared to Lance. He did not look at me with pity or disgust, but instead smiled with sorrow and empathy. And for that, I appreciated him.

Yannara steered far from me, just as I liked her to. If she got anywhere near me, who knows what I'd do to her, height and strength at a disadvantage or not. She was just as horrible as the person stalking me. She was a threat to my future, and my family. I berate myself daily knowing I let her get close to me like a leech. That I let her dictate my emotions and actions.

But I didn't let those aspects of sadness ruin my life. Recently, I joined a Mathletes club. Who knew such a beauty like me had brains, right? I was a master at it one month in, and headed to New York after my birthday to debate with a school there. I was excited, though worried about the popularity of being an engaged Lady would bring me. Paparazzi in New York was as rampant as flies in summer.

Recently, I've been getting self defense lessons from Jasmine and Jasper. They said I needed it to protect myself from whichever harm is in my way. I will also learn how to use a longbow and sword. Everyone in the Bloodwyn family is highly trained in combat, which I am soon expected to be. Which explains the long self reflection of the past few months as I lay on my back, out of breath, taking a breather from Jasmine's ruthless attacks.