25- If Brutus Were A Woman

"Mmm..."

My eyes flutter open, and I am startled. Though I could feel they were open, I saw nothing. My limbs were uncomfortable, and I sat upright. The room I was in smelt of... mold and rot. Immediately I began to panic. Not so long ago I was with Jasper, making love to him...

"MMMMPH!"

My voice echoes throughout the room. Or was it a basement? Was I trapped? Am I already in the hell Adonis has placed for me?

"MMPH HMPH!" I continue to scream through my bindings.

"Hush, Iris. You're waking up the castle."

Chills ran down my spine. My fear only furthered as I recognized the voice before me.

Yannara?

"MMMMMMMMM!" I screamed even harder, struggling to unshackle myself from my bindings. It felt like rope.

"That excited to see me, baby?"

She rips off the tape binding my lips together, and I curse.

"Let me go, please! I swear I won't tell anyone-"

"Ah, the classic 'I won't tell anyone if you let me go!'. Come on, Iris. Both me and you are movie critics enough to know that's bullshit."

She turns on a light, and I flinch against the sudden flash. We were indeed in a cellar, dark and gloomy. I sat in a chair in the center of the room, Yannara in front of me. But what was in the room...what was in the room was even worse than if it were blood on the walls.

Instead there were pictures of me, the pictures I once saw in my locker when black paint poured out on me. Pictures of me naked, smiling, with Jasper, without clothes, at school, my meeting with the Pagos Family, even...even pictures of Jasper and I making love. It took everything in me not to scream once I put the peices in the puzzle together.

"That's not love, Iris. That's obsession."

"You will be mine, Iris Mays.‌"

"Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a blur of black and red whir past."

"Yannara, why do you have black ink on your hands?"

"It won't be the only thing of his I'll screw up."

Everything made sense now. In a sense, it always did. I just didn't want to believe it. Who'd want to believe that someone I once fell for was the stalker haunting my every move?

Her image was... horrifying. Her red hair was shaggy, as if she ran he fingers throughout it numerous times. Her emerald green eyes were now a dull shade of pine, a frightening contrast. Her skin, which was adorned by rosy cheeks and splatters of freckles, was now pale and sickly. She had dark circles under her eyes that even made me wince, wondering how little she slept. Her hair was greasy and unkempt, her body raw and lean.

"What do you want from me?" I ask.

She walks to the end of the room, her hand moving across a small table. It was far and obscured from my view, but I had a feeling I knew what it was.

"Well, at first, I wanted you. Since the first day of school, I wanted you." She admits.

"But, why me? What's so good about me that attracts complete fucking psychopaths?!" I scream.