14- Mom!

I was nervous. Extremely nervous- my palms were dripping sweat. Can you blame me? I was meeting my entire family, old and new, at the Royal Ball Jasper had planned. Not only was it to make up and distract people from my fully well reasonable outburst towards Adrianna, but to prove me and Jasper really were getting married.

Building bonds, making friends, distinguishing who isn't a friend, that's what I was supposed to do. All in two days time. I despised Jasper for not warning me beforehand. So much pressure has been placed on my shoulders, moreso than I already had. I, in two days, would be responsible for establishing and securing the relationship of my country with other countries.

But that also means meeting my father's side of the family. What will they think of me? I'm technically a bastard. Surely they'd hate me. They must do, since I never met them in all of my seventeen years of living. Never heard a peep. But now they'll have to meet me, and my soon to be husband. Oh the good a ball can bring, cue the eye roll.

And that also means meeting other Kings and Queens. People I learned about in school. Many would consider it an honor. But me? I'm downright terrified! What if I trip, or stutter? Say something rude, laugh at the wrong time, fart? What if?!

So as I was getting every inch of my body tailored by the royal seamstress, I kept wondering that question. I kept being poked by needles because my body wouldn't stop shaking with anxiety. Whenever the lady asked me questions or tried to keep up conversation, I was too far away in my thoughts to properly answer.

I didn't know what dress I'd be wearing. I just knew that Jasper would be choosing, or quite possibly making it. A sort of relief flooded through me. I knew Jasper had a keen eye for beautiful things and art. Surely he wouldn't disappoint me with what he picked. But I also hoped he wouldn't pick something extremely extravagant. Something that'd have every eye on me.

As much as an attention seeker I was, I couldn't have that!

"All done, Lady Mays." The seamstress bows, gathering all her supplies.

"Thank you. I'm sorry for all the twitching and inattention."

She smiles dazzlingly. "All is well. Good day." She leaves my room, taking her supplies with her.

I sit down on my bed, thinking. I wish I had my phone right now. Maybe then I could listen to music, anything. But with how furious my mother was at me right now, I'd be foolish to test her patience. I could read, but that wouldn't calm my nerves for shit. What to do, I pondered.

Knock knock.

Was the seamstress back already? She probably forgot something. I got up, crossing the long distance from my bed to my door. Was it necessary for my room to be this huge? I creaked open the door carefully, only to be met with... Yannara.

We didn't talk to each other since the bathroom incident. Though I could tell she wanted to, I didn't. I felt ashamed and confused whenever I saw her. Not about what I wanted- I've known that for years. But, about who I wanted.

I wanted to deny how I felt towards both Jasper and Yannara. I've only known both of them for a fucking week! So how could I already want to be caught up in a love coope? How could I kiss Yannara, but fantasize about Jasper later? How could I have her edge me on, but promise myself to him? It made no sense and confused even me. It didn't seem fair.

"We need to talk." I say, watching her nervously as she barged her way into my room. She had her head held high, with radiating confidence. I frown at how rude it was of her to intrude. She didn't even greet me, heading straight to my bed and sitting on it.

"Hello?"

She finally looks at me, a devilish look in her eyes. Her wild red hair was parted to the side, exposing her shoulder but hiding half of her face. She was dressed in a crop top and shorts so short they might as well be underwear, displaying her perfect long legs. Her lips were wet and glossy, eyes low.