They're Not Dead

Lilly didn't touch anything in Papyrus room but the bed. Dust was already highly against her being in there. She wasn't going to push his buttons on this subject. His brother was no doubt as much a sensitive subject as her parents were to her. Lilly took her meds and got ready to head out. He hadn't been home in who knows how long, he would need more resources like food. He probably needed a break from her as well. So she went downstairs and out the door to get groceries and give Dust alone time with his hallucinations. She headed to Snowdin's Shop first to drop the groceries off while Dust was still asleep. Then she thought to head to Waterfall to just relax. Lilly loved the beauty of Waterfall. She grabbed things for some of the easier meals to make and stopped at Grillby's for a couple bottles ketchup. Even Dust should like ketchup... hopefully. You tried not to think of all the Dust around you. You were well aware of what it really was and who had done it. You would come to understand why Dust did what he did sooner than you realized.

🔪🔪🔪

After dropping off the groceries in the kitchen- it seemed Dust was still asleep though you didn't mind- you headed out again, this time going towards Waterfall. A small walk at least, surely Dust would love the place to himself for a bit... if he was awake by the time he returned. She hummed a quiet tune, daring not to touch any of the Echo Flowers for fear of what she would hear. Lilly heard enough screams in her lifetime in the asylum. She grabbed an umbrella for a walk through the rain when she thought she heard something behind her. When she looked there was nobody there though. She dismissed it for the moment. She continued on her way like her life wasn't in danger. She had a pretty good idea of what the threat was, though she would've thought they'd be dead by now. Maybe Dust had missed them? Lilly turned around abruptly, making Frisk freeze in place, knife tight in their grip. "Sup kid." They lunged forward, Lilly swung the umbrella to force them back. The knife caught the umbrella, tearing at the fabric of the makeshift weapon. "Oh come on brat, that all you got?" Lilly wasn't gonna back down. 

🔪🔪🔪

The 'rain' soaked the two as they fought, Lilly trying to get the knife away and protect herself while Frisk tried to kill her. The umbrella was shredded now. She didn't care, it was still effective against the murderous child. Until it wasn't. They swept under the the 'limbs' of the umbrella, swinging the knife and stabbing her in the side. Lilly sucked in a sharp, pained breath and used their closeness to her advantage and shoved them down, wrapping her hands around their throat. Frisk went from trying to get their knife from her body to trying to get her off them. Lilly wouldn't let go though. She was scared and fighting for her life. She didn't let go until long after they stopped struggling, when Dust touched her shoulder and snapped her out of it. "come on, let's get you home." Dust didn't say anything else. Merely teleported Lilly to the couch and disappeared to who knows where. Her breath was labored as she looked down at the knife still stuck in her. Well sh*t. She could have died. By a child, no less. Dust came back. "i gotta sew it closed." Lilly nodded. "Why did they-"
"they are the reason i started killing in the first place."