I'm a Big Kid Now

Lilly watched Dust do the dishes. It was cute that he was actually learning responsibility. The house was nice and tidy for once, actually looking like a place to raise a kid rather than a mass murderer's den. She decided to take vacuuming duty for Dust. "So what should we do for work?"
"w-work?" Dust asked as Lilly as she got the vacuum out. "Babies need to eat, right? Nightmare started his own farm and Sidney is learning how to make magic-infused baby food in case the baby is human." Dust turned to look at Lilly. "really? where'd you hear that?" Lilly plugged in the vacuum. "I've been visiting? I've seen it all myself. I'm sure Night could hire you on and I am going to be setting up a little therapy clinic- let's face it, you all need therapy."
"so do you." Dust pointed. "I know that, but I'm the only one with the degree. Taylor is setting up his own little hospital for everyone because that's his degree." Dust sighed. "alright, alright. i see your point. i wanna be your therapist though, you don't need to be left out." She giggled. "Mm, fine. Deal."

🔪🔪🔪

Instead of helping Nightmare, Dust helped in the construction of both clinics. Apparently construction was his calling because Lilly would not have been able to work. Most of the buildings were a wreck and it was a wonder that the twins built houses for them in the amount of time they did. "Where the hell did you get the furniture-" She asked Dust incredulously. "i found everything across multiple dumps in the multiverse and refurbished them into what you got now. you even have your own little office in the back." She really didn't know what to say... it was incredible. "I'm proud of you, Dust. You could really make a living off of this- or own a little refurbishing shop- or both?" He smiled, holding onto Lilly's hips. "maybe i will, we'll see. i gotta go help the doc now." Lilly kissed Dust. "See you at home~." Dust smiled. "see you later flower~." Dust took a shortcut out. "Alright! Paperwork time!" Aaaaand now she wasn't looking forward to working. Lilly sighed and scrounged up the determination to make files on everyone in Dreamtale so she knew who had what issues and how to help them with what prescriptions.

🔪🔪🔪

It was a long, productive day for the two. Mentally for Lilly setting up working hours and paperwork, etc. Physically for Dust who started fixing up Taylor's clinic so he could start doing checkups on everyone and keep an eye on the condition of the baby and, of course, have a place for Sidney to give birth. He was no obstetrician, but he was their best chance. The couple draped themselves across their couch, the sweet relief of nighttime. "what a day..."
"My brain is scrambled now..." The two looked at each other and started laughing at each other's suffering. "Welcome to adult life, murder baby." Dust wheezed. "what? how many pet names are you even gonna give me?"
"As much as my soul desires. Got a problem with that?" Dust shook his head. "nah."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"... bedroom?"
"... sure. Yeah."

1 chapter left