Angel Child

Iris was her name. The name of Dust and Lilly's daughter. She was sweet, she didn't fuss, she was, in Dust's terms, as Papyrus as a human child of a Sans could get. Lilly didn't question it. With their jobs, Killer and Rane watched her more often, but when she was home, she was such a sweetheart. She babbled loudly when she was hungry, distracted herself with her blankets when she woke up. She listened after she learned what 'no' meant. Quite the opposite of her once (and still on occasion) childish parents. Even now, Iris slept peacefully on Dust while Lilly set up a new rocker to help Iris sleep better. The poor angel was a light sleeper... "how'd we get such a blessing in our life?" Dust asked as he rubbed her back. "Guess the world decided to throw us a bone for once." Lilly answered as she stepped back to look over her handiwork. "it looks good, flower~. should i have her test it out?" Lilly shook her head. "You both look too cute together."
"wanna join in the cuddles, mommy?" Lilly smiled and sat beside Dust, leaning into him and putting a hand on her baby.

🔪🔪🔪

Iris was growing up fast. Babbling out her first word. "Flower!" Her parents, of course, gushed over her adorablness. "whaaaaaat?! how dare your first word not be daddy, papa, or fuc-" Lilly slapped a hand over his face. "Say it again, hun!" She was excited. "Flower! Flower! Flower!" Iris repeated loudly, clapping her little hands together. Lilly kissed her baby again and again. "Mommy's so proud! Such a sweet first word!" Dust couldn't help smiling. Lilly had a point. "yeah... but why flower?"
"Probably because she's constantly hearing it from you." Lilly pointed out. "Flower!" Iris chirped. She wobbled around in an unstable circle before walking over to her mommy. Lilly crouched down to pick Iris up, hugging her close. "daddy wants huggies too!!!" Dust came over and hugged his girls. "now say shi-" Lilly shot a glare at her hubby, effectively shutting him up.

🔪🔪🔪

Nightmare Jr ran after Fierce and Iris. "how's little nightmare jr doing?" Horror asked as he kept an eye on the kids. "he got in trouble for stealing and lying about it." Nightmare sighed. Raising a child was hard work. "how's fierce?"
"She bites. Hard." Taylor replied to which his mate patted his hand. "And Iris?" Dust and Lilly shrugged. "She's an angel."
"glad someone is having a great parenting experience.." Nightmare chuckled to himself. "well you are raising the second embodiment of negativity ever." Killer said, rocking Dice. "that's... true." Nightmare agreed. "Well, Nightmare Jr is MY baby boy and I love hi- NIGHTMARE JR DON'T EAT THAT!!!" Sidney scrambled away to take way something or another. "error at the anti again?"
"The souling is kicking Error's metaphorical as-butt." Taylor replied, eyeing Dice and Killer. The latter looked ready to murder for the near slip of the tongue. It was a good thing Taylor caught himself.  Killer with emotions was unpredictable. The children played and played until late. Dust carried his daughter home. He and Lilly tucked Iris in, kissing her head softly. It was moments like these that made being a parent totally worth it. Lilly and Dust shared a loving smile as they went to bed themselves to snuggle and enjoy these precious moments together.

Here we go, four of five books down, one to go. I will be seeing you all in the final installment of the series, Starved! Have a great morning/afternoon/night!

-Kyran