Back to Reality

It certainly wasn't easy, helping Lilly recover. She had bad days that Dust eased her through and worse days where she had to take the medicine or... well, Dust didn't want to think of the or. He just knew it wasn't good. Now she leaned on him, no trace of a smile to be seen. He missed her smile. He felt that he hadn't seen that dangerous and bold smile in years. Of course, it hadn't been years he just... he hated this. He hated that she didn't seem to be herself. He had to persevere though. He couldn't quit helping her or he'd probably never get the her that he'd fallen in love with back. "come back to me, lilly..." He whispered to himself. She shifted her position on him, curling in on herself in his lap to cry. Again. Dust breathed as he started rubbing her back, whispering reassurances to her. The old him would have laughed at this pathetic display. Put her out of her misery or left her to suffer depending on his mood. Now he felt like it was killing him. He loved her. She now meant the world to him.

🔪🔪🔪

Lilly felt hopeless. Not just because of her issues but because she was causing Dust problems. She was being a f*cking burden. She grit her teeth. She wasn't going to let this continue, she had Dust for stars sake, she could live for him! So day by day, she started to work on herself. Do more. Get out of the house for a bit. Focus less on her losses and more on what she had. Her friends. Her boyfriend. Dust was always there, always patient. If she wasn't afraid of commitment and depressed on the daily, there would probably already be a ring on her finger. "you're up again, i see." Dust hugged Lilly from behind and she immediately leaned into him. "No point in sulking all day." She replied as she poured a coffee. "Want some PIC?" Dust blinked and smiled. That sounded like his girlfriend to him. "coffee sounds good, yeah." After it was poured though, he laid claim on her face, pulling her into longing, hungry, kisses. "It's been... a while... since you did... that..." Lilly panted, showing that pretty smile that Dust had missed so much. He smiled back. "that's my girl.."

🔪🔪🔪

Meeting.." Lilly groaned. "There's no way in hell I'm going." She was acting more and more like herself everyday. Dust chuckled. "you don't have to, queenie's staying too."
"Sorry Bones my babe, but I'll have to pass as well." Horror shrugged and kissed his mate. "I'm pretty sure I have meeting PTSD.." Izik muttered. Killer looked to Rane. "Sorry Baby Bear, its been awhile since it was just us humans." Killer nodded in understanding. "just be good, papa bear." Rane immediately blushed. That was a new one. "So where we off to?" Taylor asked as the boys portaled away. "Sidney's?"
"That would be wise." Everyone jumped, looking around in confusion. "I am the spirit of the tree, humans, you will not find me." They all turned to the tree of feelings. "I am Nim, mother to Nightmare and Dream. I was simply saying that it would be wise to accompany Sidney, especially with her special announcement~" The tree became silent once more. "Special announcement?" Taylor asked out loud. Nim didn't say anything more though. Lilly wasn't one to wait either. She made a made dash for Sidney's house.

3 chapters left