Epilogue

This is the epilogue guys, sorry it took so long for me to write but here it is, thank you for all the support on this story and I hopefully will be starting another one very soon... possibly Calum or Michael (maybe you could comment which one you would like to read most next) any way thank you very much, love you all. (Also thank you to Sam for all the editing, you rock man!)

xx-Em

Luke

"Luke? Luke, are you listening?" I open my eyes slowly, the bright lights of the room making it hard to see. The voice came from a man in a white lab coat across from me. He had a clipboard and was staring at me over his thick rimmed glasses. He was balding, a rim of grey hair surrounding his shiny scalp. His stare continues at me expectantly.

"Luke, do you remember what you did?" He asked me, and I thought. I did something? I wonder what..

"You remember her, don't you Luke?" He asked. There wasn't anything in the whole wide world that could make me forget her. I could remember her every detail as if she were standing right next to me. I remember her hair and her soft voice and her eyes. The way she walked, the way she tensed in my touch. Yet I still wonder, what did I do?

"She.. has passed. Don't you remember what happened?" He asked head cocking slightly to the side. Well maybe if he shut his fucking mouth so I could think straight. I don't know what I did. I shake my head, staring at the grey and white tiled floor.

"You killed her."

"No, I didn't. I think I would remember if I killed the woman I love." I snap, this idiot was obviously trying to screw with me, make me think that her being gone was my fault, but I was too smart for him. Maybe it was just an accident..

"Yes, you did, just like the 13 other women, do you remember them?" he asked me, all I could think of was how his bald spot made him look like an egg.

"No." I reply.

He sighs, scratching his ear in frustration.

"Alright, how about we pick up where we left off tomorrow. You go get some nice rest and maybe you'll have an easier time remembering later." He said, putting the papers from his clipboard into a file marked as "Hemmings, Luke". It also had some other photos, but he closed it quickly when he saw me peering in.

"Ok." I nod, and stand, leaving the room to be escorted by two bulky guards back to my own. As we returned to my room, a frail looking woman is being wheeled down the hall. She gives me an icy stare that goes right through me, never blinking, as if she knew me all too well. I stare back curiously but am pushed to continue down the hall.

My room is white bare, nothing on the walls and furnished by only a table and a bed. On the table sits a box of extra soft tissues, a pencil and piece of paper. My bed crinkles under my weight as I lie down, the scratchy sheets uncomfortable under my palms as I lean back.

My door opens suddenly and in comes a young nurse with a cart that carries new sheets and a few other assorted items. She turns towards me and her eyes widen.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you would have still been in your session. I'll come back later." She asks, beginning to wheel the cart out.

"No, don't worry about it." I say, smiling widely at her. I recognize her, her hair seems to make something snap in me as I stand up and walk towards her. Her eyes meet mine and she swallows visibly.

"Is there something I can help you with?" She asks quietly, her white shoes shuffling on the floor as she wrings her hands in nervousness.

"No, sweetheart, it's just, you seem to remind me of someone..." I trail off, looking at her and feeling myself becoming more and more aware of who she looked so much like.

This nurse, looked like her, the woman who wanted nothing to do with me but that I still love conditionally. The woman who abused me for so long that I still loved the same. Maybe, I could teach this woman to love me.

I smile my most charming of smiles and reach up to twist as strand of the nurses hair around my finger.

"What's your name, darling?" I ask, I can hear her exhale slightly and I smile wider knowing that her pulse is racing just by me barely touching her.

"Rebecca..." She stutters under her breath.

"Rebecca, you have beautiful hair, you know that?" I ask, now running the back of my hand down her cheek.

"Um, I... don't think you should be- um."

"Shhh, honey, don't worry, I think you're such a pretty girl.. just you don't worry about a thing."