7 - ashton

If you're worried about me making her fall in love with him, don't worry, I'm not. This is a horror fic, not romance, so if you wanted something light a fluffy, I'm sorry but you're not going to find it here.

This chapter contains physical abuse.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood on my shaking legs, realizing that I hadn’t showered recently and would have to ask Luke about that later, if I gained the courage to face him and not wilt under his touch. I made my way downstairs and saw a cup of half drunken coffee with a stain beside it. I reached to touch the handle before I felt two hands curl around the curve of my waist, thumbs rubbing over my rib cage soothingly. I almost let myself melt into him before snapping out of the daze his hands put me in.

“Stop.” I said, turning away from him and letting my eyes glare into his bright baby blues.

“Why?”

“Because you’re a killer.” I said, and he shrugged to himself, like this statement meant nothing to him.

“I believe we established that a long time ago. But I love you and you’re in love with me too, or at least you’re falling fast.” He said, his lips lingering along my forehead as he talked. The closeness made my head spin and I gripped the counter behind me to steady myself.

“Luke, I’ve been over this with you. I can’t love you.” I say, trying to keep my composure as I wait for his reaction.

“Not true.”

“You don’t control me.”

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion while he tried to think of a good comeback. HIs eyes raced around the room and then met mine again.

“Is there another guy?” He asked, his voice so low that it sounded gravely and I could hear every crack and scrape against his vocal chords.

“What?! No!” I reply, not wanting to mention anything. There was another, he didn’t show an interest in me but I always brought him coffee on mondays and tuesdays in the morning at work. I liked him, a lot, but I had been a bit too preoccupied to even wonder if Luke knew about him.

“Why do you keep lying to me?” Luke says, stone cold expression as he shakes his head at me. His nose almost brushed against mine from out proximity and it gave me chills.

“Luke, no.”

“What’s his name?”

I took a deep breath before closing my eyes tightly and replying,