4 - her eyes

whoa, so this is getting quite a few reads pretty quickly and I just wanted to say thank you. Sorry it took a few days but I had crap to get done. xx-Em

-----------------------------------------------------------

We sat drawing for ages, finding myself lost in the curve of Luke’s lips and the quirk of his eye brows. Eventually both of our hands cramped up and we stopped before Luke abruptly turned his head to me.

“I hope you like chinese food cause that’s what I’m ordering for lunch.”

“Ok then.” I replied and he nodded before turning and briskly walking downstairs. I sat there, staring at the drawing of Luke before putting the crayon down and standing to join him downstairs.

I was leaning on the counter and talking on the phone with his sickly sweet voice that continued to make you gag. He was probably sweet talking the waitress on the line right now, her having no idea that he was a psychotic, kidnapper. He said a quick goodbye and hung up.

“Why do you always use that voice when talking to women? So you can lure them in before they realize there never leaving this goddamn house again?” I said, voice strong since I was so fucking sick of being a damsel in distress. A look of anger crossed Lukes face as he stares back at me. He began tugging at the roots of his hair and running his hands down his face in annoyance. These habits seemed normal, but they were repeated over and over again like a routine, like he couldn’t stop shuffling his feet and rubbing his face and chewing on his lips till they bleed.

“I just want to get rid of her and everything that reminds me of her.”

“Who is she?”

“She never loved me. I loved her so much and she never ever loved me back. I gave her fucking everything, mind, body and soul and all she did was hit me. Every fucking day.” He said, now sobbing and clutching onto his shirt, tearing at his skin. Everything was clicking into place as I watched him writhe and cry out, falling to the ground.

“Luke, stop it.” I said, moving forward to touch him, but he flinched away and I quickly moved my hand away.

“I have to get rid of you.” He said looking up at me with a pained face, eyebrows creased and eyes blinking away tears. My stomach dropped and I stepped back further away from him.

“Luke, I don’t know who she is but I am not her. I’m not going to hurt you, ok? I’m not going to.” I said, dropping to my knees a few meter away from him.

“I’m not going to hurt you. Please, Luke. I am not her.” I pleaded with him and his sobs stopped abruptly and his eyes flashed with regret. he moved towards me on the ground and we kneeled, facing each other as he stared intently at me.

“You love me, right?” he asked, looking at me with wide eyes. Five minutes ago he was contemplating killing me and now he was begging me to tell him I loved him, and I had no clue what to do.