17 - the knife

Hey guys, this is a longer chapter and I hope it satifies you considering I've been off for a week. Hope you enjoy it and just telling you, it's a bit of a tear jerker. Thank you for the support and I'm glad this amount of people have read this fic. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Probably wont post for a week cause school starts again tomorrow but hopefully I'll get some prepping done.

Lots of Love,

xx-Em

✿✿✿

I had just finished cleaning up Luke’s wounds and putting away the dirty cloth. I decided I should make sandwiches for the both of us, bringing out the knife and cutting board just when when Luke came up behind me and rested the palms of his hands against my hips, resting his chin on my shoulder, perfectly innocent yet send millions of tiny sparkes wherever he touched. I thought I was falling crazy, stupidly in love with him. Everything about him seemed like a haze of grey colours and I couldn’t get enough of his peppermint breath and disheveled blond locks.

He was trying his best to leave a mark on my delicate skin without bruising me too badly, paying attention to where his tongue went and how it traced over any deep red blotches he left behind. I melted into him and he cradled me in his arms, swaying from side to side and running his slightly upturned nose along the veins in my neck. Sprinkling my skin with delicate kisses and touches here and there.

“I love you. You know that, right honey?” He whispered, ghosting his fingers along my shoulder blades. I sighed to myself, knowing I should be disgusted of what he has done to my life, done to my mind, my body, every little thought of everyday. But I didn’t, he was just misunderstood, that’s all. I misunderstood, lost little boy.

A doorbell rang, somewhere off in the distance, I was lost in the slow breaths and deep sighs released deliciously from Luke’s lips, that came to an abrupt stop. Luke’s head snapped up as his eyes flashed to stare at the closed front door.

“Honey, I need you to stay out of sight, or someone might take you away.” Luke muttered, a distress filing his eyes as I nodded up at him frantically. He smoothed my hair out, kissing my forehead before walking out of the kitchen and towards the door. I sunk down behind the lower cabinets when I heard the lock on the door unhinge and Luke pull it open.

“WHERE IS SHE?” I loud voice bombed, an accent leaking through. I new that voice, somehow. Maybe in my dreams.

“Excuse me, I have no clue what you’re talking about Mr…” Luke said, i could almost make out a nervous tone seeping through his question.

“Irwin.” The man said, and I sucked in a breath loudly.

“What was that?” Ashton spoke, followed by the sound of shoes trudging inside the house. I slapped my hand firmly over my mouth and closed my eyes tightly.