11 - anything bon iver

Hi guys, I'm sorry cause this is a short update and I feel really shitty cause I haven't done anything in over a week. :( but I'm gonna try to work on it more after all my end of term tests and prjects are handed in and finnished by wednesday. This was kind of another filler so I'm sorry, but yeah.

You guys may have seen the thing on my page about me looking for a beta but yeah, if you didn't see it, I am. Message me if you're interested on here or my tumblr.

AND OH MY GOD GUYS THIS HAS 2.9K READS RIGHT NOW WOW YOU GUYS ARE SO COOL. THANKS FOR BEING RAD AS HELL. LOVE YOU TO BITS AND PIECES.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

The dinner reservation was in a few hours and I had no idea what one should wear when their kidnapper decides to take them out on a dinner date. This date was my shot to escape, this was my shot to leave Luke permanently. My adrenaline was rushing, pumping through my veins. But Luke had disappeared, after our argument. I had no idea where he went, he went to the other side of the house, maybe out a back door. Maybe he went to the basement. I stayed on the ground for a while, huddled against the cabinet. Before getting fed up with myself and standing up, going to turn off the stove that had burnt my set of eggs to a crisp.

“Hi.” I heard, and jumped around as I was cleaning up the pan. Luke was leaning against the cupboard and watching me with a soft smile on his face.

“Luke, for fucks sake.” I said, my heart calming down only slightly at the sight of him.

“Sorry.” He said, his smile still there. It looked like a real smile, not the evil grin he sometimes sported. It was these times that he seemed like my lovely, kind hearted boyfriend. He seemed like the kind of guy to be nice to your mom and promise to bring you home a 9 o’clock sharp.

How could someone like him seem so much like the opposite.

It was apart of his act, I knew that. But sometimes it slipped my mind.

“I’m sorry for earlier.” He said, moving to lean over the counter, frost bitten eyes glaring into mine, soft and innocent tones around the edges of his baby blues.

“It’s, um, It’s ok.” I reply, shrugging my shoulders.

“I’m glad you forgive me. I have a dress for you upstairs, if you want to take a look at it.”

“Yeah, sound good.” I replied, the silence hung awkwardly in the air as I shifted from one foot to the other.

“Ok.” Luke nodded before walking out the room and setting off upstairs.

Shit.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

We arrived at the classiest, most fancy restaurant that I had ever laid eyes on. The dress he gave me was knee length, flowy and cream coloured. It swished when I walked and I didn’t want to think about who it might’ve belonged to before. It made me dizzy, thinking of the life that Luke took and how I was now wearing her clothing like it was nothing, like she meant nothing. The restaurant was filled with old, rich couples and I began to wonder how Luke could afford this, or anything for that matter.

“I hope you like it here, I know you’re favourite’s Italien.” Luke said, his rough, tender hand laced with my clammy one. I wanted to rip my hand away.

“It’s beautiful.” I replied lamely.

A waiter came by, greeting us and briskly leading us to our seats. After producing menus I didn’t notice he was carrying, he smiled at both of us before walking quickly back to the kitchen.

“What do you want to get?” Luke asked, flipping through the menu. Anyone else in the restaurant would think that Luke and I were just a lovely, young couple out on a nice date. Maybe they thought we had a caring relationship, a nice dog, jobs, loving family. It made me want to laugh when I realized how easily people assumed.

“I’m not sure.”

“You usually get the Fettucini Alfredo.” He replied, eyes scanning over the list. My eyes flicked up from my open menu and watched him as he remained focused on the options.

The waiter returned to the table, offering an expensive bottle of wine. Luke nodded at him and the waiter continued to pour the wine.

"What are you going to order?" I asked him, trying to keep the conversation as casual as possible. Luke looked at me over the rim of his wine glass, a twinkle of bliss in his eyes. He looks genuinely content.

"Probably whatever you order. I've been here so many times before, everything's good." he said, shrugging as I nodded. There was a pause.

“If aliens came down from earth and asked you what music was, what would you play for them?” I blurted, the first thing that came to mind to break the silence.

“I Miss You by blink-182.” he replied instantly and I nodded.

“What about you?”

“Bon Iver, anything Bon Iver really.” I respond. He smiled, his eyes crinkling at the edges and his one dimple showing.

As we fell into an uncomfortable silence again my mind began to wander to what had been tugging at my thoughts since Luke had organised this outing. I knew this was my one chance to run. I knew I would have to be smart about it. Maybe right before dessert, maybe right now. I didn’t know if there were windows in the bathroom, maybe I could tell one of the staff in the kitchen. There were only a few ideas that might possibly work.

Luke sat across the table, twiddling his thumbs and watching me lost in thought, a puzzled expression on his face as he tried to read my blank face. His eyebrows were pulled together in frustration that was making me nervous.

The waiter returned, flashing you both a quick smile and taking our order quickly. Luke ordered the same thing as me. Flashing me a grin across the table, the candles making his eyes look gold from reflection.

Now, I thought now would be the best time.

“Hey, Luke. I’m just going to go to the bathroom real quick.” I paused standing,

“I’ll be right back.”