5 - care

hi there, short chapter (sorry about that) but super romantic and sappy cause that's just how I roll when I'm in the mood for a good cuddle (or makeout session), hope you like it either way. xx-em

-----------------------------------------------------------------

There was blood on the pavement after Luke punched, the man was coughing and spluttering with blood covering his face and hands, running into his mouth.

“Never repeat a word of this to anyone or I will find you and kill you.” Luke said, leaning down to the man and staring menacingly. The man nodded quickly before scrambling up and leaving quickly. Luke turned back towards the house, grabbing my hand and dragging me along behind him before walking through the the open door and slamming it shut. I stayed back, as far away as seemed fit. His eyes flashed up to mine and he blinked a few times before opening his mouth to talk before closing it again.

I wanted to have him open up for me, He was the reason I was miserable but his emotional damage was severe and I couldn’t help but feel a seed of sympathy planted in my stomach, making a lump form in my throat everytime he closed himself off even more. His face brought you back to the day before, it felt like forever ago but it had just been yesterday that he had taken you. He looked like when he begged you to be in love with him and stay. He looked like the empty shell of a man who once had happiness and love and life.

“You’re going to try to leave now, aren’t you. You’ve seen how awful I get, you know what I do. You’re going to be just like everyone else and try to run.” He said, his sad voice in contrast to words that gave me chills.

“You don’t scare me anymore, Luke. You just make me worried.” I said, stepping forward and expecting him to move back just like every other time, I expected him to to not lean into my touch, to remain stiff and cold.

But he fell into my arms and cried. I felt like all we did was cry. When I wasn’t crying, he was crying, when I was, he wasn’t. So we sunk to the ground together, his buried into my neck and clutching onto his sweater that was still on me. He sucked in shaky breaths and I could feel every hot tear trail on my skin.

“You care.” he muttered, over and over, like a chant as he tried to bring himself as close as possible to my body. I knew his habits by now, even after knowing him for a day, I knew him. I knew he craved contact but resented it at the same time. I knew he clutched and tore and pulled at his hair, shirt, anything.

“Shhh, you’re going to be just fine.” I said, rubbing over his shoulder blades and running my fingers along the bumps and tears in the fabric of his shirt.

“They usually leave by now, I have to get rid of them but they usually try.” he said, and I hated to remind myself that Luke wasn’t someone I could let myself feel sorry for. He killed innocent people, but he needed help. Maybe not my help, but he needed help.

“Luke, you need help.” I said softly and he nodded into my shoulder.

“I know, can you help me?”

“I don’t think I can.”

“Please?”

“I’ll try.” I said, and he gently kissed me right below my ear, it felt like a breeze of air, like nothing, but it was they and it made my cheeks glow light pink. He left another on my jaw, his nose trailing lightly on my skin.

He pulled back, eyes surveying my expression. His eyes then locked on my lips and he leaned forward slightly. I wanted him to kiss me so bad, I hated it. I shouldn’t want to kiss him, I should resent him and everything about him. But I didn’t,

and I wanted him to kiss me.

So I nodded, and the corner of his mouth twitched up subtly before he leaned even further and his lips ghost over mine, breath hitting my mouth. His cheeks were still damp from tears and I brought my sleeve up to wipe them away, pulling my hand back when he caught hold of my wrist. His eyes flicked up to mine once more,

and then we were kissing, just like that.

His lips were chapped and scratchy, but mine were too. His eyes were closed, and I closed mine as well. He kissed me and I kissed right back, tangling my hands in his unruly hair that lay flat on his forehead as he twined his arms around my waist. And we were kissing, and kissing and kissing.