6 - blue eyes

Hi there, sorry for not updating, I know I'm awful. But I hope this wee chapter makes up for it. I don't want to make the girl in this become soft over Luke because he's still a killer, so I had no clue how to get her out of falling in love with him for now... Hope you like it and love you all lots and WHOA A LOT OF PEEPS ARE READING THIS AND THAT'S SO RAD xx-Em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I jolted awake when I realized I was being held by Luke, his embrace was warm and foreign. He felt comforting and I felt loved. But then I heard a ring tone. It wasn’t the home phone since it was muffled but it was a ringtone. And then I realized it was my mother. My mother was calling me.

I quickly stood up and tried to quietly move to the kitchen without waking Luke. It was coming from one of the highest cupboards and I realized that Luke had tried to hid it from me, even if the hiding place was obvious. Turned to drag one of the chairs over to climb up to the cupboard and opened it, seeing a light bouncing off the sides of the cabinet from the screen lighting up. I quickly reached up to grab the phone before hopping down and pushing the chair back. My moms face was on the screen before my phone was grabbed from my hands.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Luke asked, declining the call and putting the phone into his back pocket.

“Nothing.” I say quickly, looking up at him with the most innocent face I could muster.

“Bull shit.” He said, stepping forward and making me back up. This wasn’t the man I kissed last night, this was the man who had taken me, this was the man I hated.

“I think, you were going to answer that call from your mom, and try to get away from me, weren’t you?” he asked, and I frantically shook my head.

“Then please, do explain what you were doing.” He said and I swallowed audibly before thinking up a lie.

“I was going to answer her and tell her I’m alright so she wouldn’t come after me.” I blurt the first thing that comes to mind. His smirk fades and his eyebrows twitch together briefly before he nods and hands me back my phone. I cock my head to the side in confusion, was he letting my go or was this just him toying with me?

“Call her back and tell her you’re going away for a while since work has been stressing you and you need a break and to not call you.” he said, nodding down at the phone as I took it in my shaking hands. I unlocked it and searched through missed calls, coming across my mother and pressing on the number. Luke was watching carefully over what I did and and stared back at him as I raised the phone to my ear and heard the dial tone.

“Honey?! Are you alright? I’ve been worried sick about you and you haven’t been returning any of my texts, usually you text once or twice a day at least but-”

“Mom, I’m fine. I’ve been feeling really stressed about work and stuff and felt like I should take a break, go on a vacation. Don’t call me, I’ll text you if I need you.” I said quickly and Luke nodded with the permanent condescending smirk printed onto his lips.

“Are you sure nothings wrong? Is it a boy?” She asked, concerned after know my difficult history with men. But she didn’t even know the half of my boy problems at the moment. Luke let out a snicker and I glared harshly at him and he raised his hands in mock surrender.

“That’s half of it but other than that it’s just work piling up and I knew I needed a break.” I said, running a hand through my tousled hair and massaging the back of my neck from a soreness that had been caused by  sleeping on Luke’s arm.

“You take as long as you need.” She said and I nodded.

“I will mom, I love you.” I said, feeling my heart drop a little from that, It felt like I was saying goodbye forever.

“Don’t worry honey, someday you’ll find a man who will be completely obsessed with you.” she reassured me and I stiffened at the comment, considering I had already found a man completely obsessed with me and she had no clue.

“Bye mom.” I said and hung up quickly tossing the phone back to Luke before briskly walking out of the kitchen and upstairs.

“You’re mom sounds like a lovely woman.” He said, following closely behind me and I sighed before turning to him on the steps and looking him in the eyes. He was my height considering he was a few steps below me and I knew I could use that to my advantage.

“Luke, I need some alone time.” I hissed, and his bright blue eyes lite up with childish amusement.

“You didn’t seem to feel that way last night.” He said, wiggling his eyebrows and I rolled my eyes scoffing before turning and muttering “Dick.” he laughed loudly before grabbing my wrist and turning me quickly, causing my to fall on top of him as he grabbed onto the railing beside us to steady the weight.

“What if we kissed again? What would you do? I bet you would kiss me back, I bet you wouldn’t be able to stop yourself.” He said, pulling my close to him as I gasped quietly and his child like eyes still widened with the sweetest innocence that would misguide any mind.

I hated him in all the right ways.

“I bet, If I kissed you right now, you just wouldn’t be able to get enough of me.” He said, running his lips along the shell of my eat and tugging on it lightly with his teeth, smiling to himself when he felt my heart heart pick up while my chest was pressed against his chest.

“You disgust me.” I said, regretting ever letting myself kiss him.

“On the contrary, I think you’re falling deeply in love with me.”

“I hate you.”

“Ah, yes but there is a very fine line between hatred and love and I do believe you are coming very close to crossing it.” he said, his eyes wide with cockiness and his eyebrows arched in a manner that made my stomach churn.

And then he let me go and I ran upstairs to his bedroom, slamming the door and sinking down the wall. I had no clue what to think or feel or do so I grabbed his package of half used crayons and began drawing. I wasn’t the best artist but I drew whatever came to mind across the white walls. I drew flowers and animals and soon found myself drawing a pair of bright blue, wild and loving eyes that would forever be imprinted in my minds eye.