Chapter 1

**"Crazy" by Kidneythieves, pretty good song.**

Hot! That is the only way I can describe tonight, it seemed like it wasn't gonna get any better anytime soon. I sat in front of my cooler as I stared at the empty wall next to me, it looked like I was in time out. I was grieveing of my existence and alone here in this small apartment, for reasons for which I will not say, .....for they are still too new in my heart and my mind.

A tear began to fall on my cheek as I reminisce of good times that passed for 10 years of my life. Now, completely gone and burned deeply in my mind.

The phone began to ring, and I looked over at it, wishing that it would stop ringing. I curled up on the floor hoping it would stop making that forsaken noise, but it wouldn't stop. Tired of the sound I dragged myself to the phone and answered it.

"Hello?"

I said with a slight murmur that not even the ants could hear them. The voice on the other line answered.

"Hey Abigail, ....it's me Larry, I heard what happened between you and Christopher, .... may I say? He will no longer be in my friends list, he is dead to me, sorry I haven't called you before, ......I have been quite busy with Nicky" .

I close my eyes and began to sob quietly as he reminds me of what happened that horrible night. I open my eyes again and say...

"Thanks Larry, I wish I had the power to forget that unfaithful night, that bastard deserves to burn in hell"

My eyes squint and become red in anger, I stand up and sit on the couch, breathing deeply I calm down and gulp hard. Larry is my cousin he lives in Brooklyn New York, we grew up together so he is like the brother I never had. He is very protective of me, and worries alot. He then sighs and says trying to speak in a more cheerful voice...

"Hey Abigail,...I was thinking that maybe you would like to come and visit for a couple of weeks, atleast until you make peace with what happened, I am pretty sure you are infront of the cooler and just dying inside, thinking over and over about what happened, ....you need some distraction girl"

He laughs slightly, and I try hard not to laugh but the fact that he was so accurate about my movements is pretty hilarious to me. I make a small laughter sound, barely heard underneath my breath.

I think hard about it, and sigh as I think that maybe it's a good thing to do, ....San Diego, this apartment, all of this reminds me of him and I began to feel clastorphobic, I gulp one more time and sigh as I grab my forehead...

" You are right Larry, I need some fucken distraction, I can't take this place anymore, I will leave tomorrow morning, early. Will see you soon Larry"

Larry then says...

"Good, call me when you are on your way"

I say....

"Adios Larry"

He then speaks

" Bye Hun"

I hang up the Phone, and look around me. I sigh and close my eyes, then stand up, walking towards my room, I take my suitcase out from under the bed and open it grabbing whatever pieces of clothes I see and throwing them over my shoulder, I close the suitcase and then go over the vanity, as I began grabbing things I look up at the mirror. My reflection shows nothing of what I once was like. My Hazel eyes were puffy and with dark circles of so many sleepless nights, my hair is raven black, originally light brown, but more messy than usual from lack of grooming. I am a fit 28 year old woman, with long legs that is 5'9 and lead singer of a not well known band. That, At one point had so much life in her, but now lacks even self esteem thanks to her ex husband of 10 years.

She looks down and grabs a cosmetic bag, throwing everything inside it zipping it up and throwing it next to the suitcase. She walks over to the suitcase and places it down next to the bed with the cosmetic bag. She sighs and throws herself on the bed, as she begans to cry softly to sleep.