Chapter 5

**"Duat 1&2" by Khepri, I became very fond of this bellydancing music**

The night was beginning to be quite interesting yet sad, .....here I am infront of this gorgeous looking guy and all I can think about is my ex husband.

Akhmenrah looks at me worried...

"Are you alright dear Abigail? You are a bit distant?"

I close my eyes and then look up at him...

"I am fine Akhmenrah, just thinking, .....but is not important"

I give him a quick scan from top to bottom realizing that he was wearing a weird looking getup, I point at what he is wearing and ask curiously...

"What is with the outfit? ...and your name sounds Middle Eastern or something"

He gives a slight chuckle as he looks down on his outfit, then slowly looks at me and says...

"Yeah, .....um ....it's a little more complicated to explain than what you think"

I laugh and look at my surroundings pointing out the strange stuff happening and say...

"I am in a room .....with statues that move, .....and paintings that talk, I think I am a little more open minded than what you give me credit for"

I give him this look like if I was loosing my mind. He began to laugh hard, his laughter was so contagious that I began to laugh too.

He began to walk slowly towards the stairs, placing his hands on his back, I began to follow a little after, then he begans to explain....

"You see my dear Abigail,... I dress like this because, these are the kind of clothes my people wore back 3,000 years ago in my country, I am from Egypt, so therefore this is why I also have that name"

I stop walking and squint in disbelief, as well as dumbfounded. He realizes that I stopped walking behind him and quickly turns around, seeing me standing there in shock. He then walks towards me slowly and says....

"What's wrong?"

I then answer...

"Did,.....did you just said that you wore that 3,000 years ago? Or am I hallucinating?.... are you telling me that, you have been alive 3,000 years?

He gives a slight chuckle and says...

"No my dear Abigail,..... I mean.... that I was alive 3,000 years ago..."

I give him a sideways shocking stare, he then finishes speaking...

"I am dead"

I scoff and look around me in disbelief, I place my hands on my hips and silently think to myself. I then look at him and ask...

"How?,.....I mean.....is that even possible?"

He smiles slightly then clears his throat...

"Let me explain myself better,.....I was alive 3,000 years ago my dear, I became ruler of Egypt when I was 19, and mysteriously died that same year, my father made his high priest make a tablet which would bring me back to life every night. Later.....with years, I was taken to Cambridge University in their Egyptology Department where I learned to speak english perfectly. Then about 50 years ago, or so.....I was taken here in the Natural History Museum, where everything at night comes back to life every night with me"

I took a little time to process everything in my mind before I spoke again, then said...

"So,..... you have been dead for 3,000 years?.....And you are technicaly part of this museum?"

He nods uncomfortably, hoping that I don't run away scared or something. I give him slowly a big smile and say...

"That..... is one hell of a story"

He gives me a great big smile back in relief, I then began walking ahead, and he walks behind me, I could feel him watching me. I pretend that I don't know and began to talk again, he runs slightly to my side, and walks next to me...

"So.....what do you guys do every night that you come to life"

He then replies...

"Not much, actually"

I laugh underneath my breath, suddenly I realize we arrived in the Egyptian section of the museum. I
Look around in awe, Egypt has always been my favorite subject since I was a child, I used to read books about it all the time.

My hair was short in a bob, sort of like aeonflux, the movie. It has always covered half of my face, I was about to put my hair behind my ear, when Akhmenrah walks infront of me and slowly does it for me. I look at him closely, he looks at me tenderly and leans his head slowly towards mine. He kisses me softly at first and slowly deepens it as he grabs me by the waist pulling me towards him closely. I could feel my heart beating faster and faster, my legs quivered slightly, I couldn't believe this was happening, I was actually kissing a 3,000 year old corpse. I wanted to pull away, but I couldn't.