Chapter 20

** what Abigail is wearing, Music: "Rising Tide" (feat. LYNX) by Beats Antique**

A few days have passed and finally everything that I was meant to do has been done, I had the Uhaul ready to begin the trip to New York, the apartment was no longer mine, and I got rid of most of my stuff, I ofcourse was gonna take my black car and register it in New York. I looked around the apartment as it was empty, to tell you truth it felt good like a big weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

I said my good byes and walked out closing the door behind me. Started my way to the elevator and went down as I went out of the apartment building, suddenly a flashback came to me from when I barely left to New York, but this time it was permanent. A smile slowly creeped out of my lips as I looked around me and inhaled deeply. I looked infront of me and walked towards my black car that was parked right infront of me with the Uhaul truck right behind it waiting to began our trip.

I ran down the steps and opened my car door as I slipped into the driving seat, I closed it and turned it on. And off we began as we made our way through the states.

After so many days through the road and so many breaks finally I arrived to New York. I was so excited, arriving at an apartment close to where Larry lived.

I parked in the driveway and turned off the engine as the uhaul parked right behind my car. They started unloading everything, I walked to the door and opened it as the uhaul unloaders began to put the various furnitures and boxes in their rightful rooms of the apartment. Taking out my cell phone I turned it on and looked at the time, 2 more hours and Larry was going to work, I was thinking about surprising everyone tonight by arriving suddenly.

Finally the uhaul guys finished and I was left alone in my apartment, I quickly ran to my new big bathroom, taking a quick shower from the looong road. Getting out I dried myself and went to a nearby luggage that had all my clothes in there, picking a gothic lolita dress, I know, I know, I said I was never gonna dress childish again, but I wanted to wear something cute and different.

I began to get myself ready quickly I only had an hour now, (picture on top), I went to my vanity and got my cosmetic and hair bag as I began to do my hair and makeup quickly. And finally 15 minutes before I had to leave I was done. I decided to not wait and start walking to the Museum, as I walked out of the apartment, I closed the door behind me, I walked down the stairs and walked towards the street. Slowly but surely I walked through the street 2 blocks before the museum, I could feel everyone staring at me as I walked down the street. I guesss no one has ever seen a goth before or just found it strange, I saw a flower shop and saw beautiful roses, I picked one and bought it.

Finally I arrived at the museum, I inhaled deeply and looked up as I heard loud music and lights, I smiled to myself and realized they were having a party. I slowly walked up the steps of the museum and as I finally finished the last step, I stood on the museum double doors, inhaling deeply and closing my eyes tightly. After a few moments I looked down and began to make myself more presentable, holding the rose with both hands I went through the doors.

The music was loud and the lights flickered, everybody was dancing and playing, just out straight having a good time. Nobody seemed to know I was there, so I kept walking through the crowd, suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder, I quickly turned around to see myself face to face with Larry and Nicky, they quickly hugged me tightly as Larry then spoke, "Abigail, when did you got here to New York? How come you never called me?", I chuckled, "I wanted it to be a surprise hun", Larry chuckled nodded, "well, this IS a surprise", he smiled, "looking for a certain pharaoh?", I nodded, "yeah", Larry winked and replied, "He's around,....I have to go have a perimeter check hun, so have fun", Nicky smiled and replied, "good to have you back aunt Abigail", I nodded with a smirk and with that he turned and walked off with Larry. I kept looking around to see if I could find Ahkmenrah, but still absolutely nothing.