Chapter 18

**"Heaven's A Lie" by Lacuna Coil**

Arriving at the airport, I quickly take my stuff and get in the nearest taxi. We finally arrive at my old apartment complex by the beaches of Pacific Beach, as I get out I pay the taxi driver and I grab my things quickly leaving me as I close the door. I quickly open the main door of the apartments and  run towards the elevator where I push the button and takes me up towards my apartment floor, as the elevator door opens up I quickly get out and walk across to my apartment. Opening the door with my keys I walk towards my room and drop the stuff on the floor.

Suddenly my cell rings, and I quickly open my purse to grab it. I turn on my cell and see that it was Larry, indicisively I answer the phone...

"Hi Larry"

Other line...

"Abigail hi, what happened? Where are you?"

I sigh deeply remembering that I totally forgot to tell Larry...

"Yeah Larry, sorry I forgot to say goodbye to you, I left back to San Diego, I....I just couldn't be there anymore"

Larry paused for a second...

"Wait, so you left back to San Diego? Why? What happened?"

I answered...

"Ahkmenrah's parents are not so fond of me Larry, and Ahkmenrah never said anything to them. Besides, I realized I was rediculous to go along with all this, like falling for someone mentally younger than me, not to mention he is a 4,000 year old mummy, I need to go back to reality Larry, Ahkmenrah is just an illusion..."

My voice broke and I couldn't help but sob...

"He is not real"

Larry quickly answered....

"I kind of understand how you feel Abigail, but Ahkmenrah really loves you, he was going around through the whole museum looking for you, he will be heart broken when he finds out you are not here anymore"

"How do you think it feels for me Larry, every minute is torture, I feel Like dying and taking myself off my misery, I love Ahkmenrah, but, he is not real"

I began to cry uncontrolably, I felt like someone ripped my heart right out of my chest. I wanted the earth to open up and swallow me whole, I would of even preferred to go to hell atleast there I will no longer think of Ahkmenrah every second of my life.

Larry then answered...

"You know Abigail, Ahkmenrah will stop at nothing get you back, I know him well,.....anyways Abigail, I hope you did the right decision hun, I have to go, Nicky is coming from his friends and we have to go to some parent meeting at his school tomorrow morning, bye hun, take care"

"Adios Larry"

I replied, hanging up the phone I throw it on the bed and throw myself onto the bed crying hopelessly. I myself wasn't even completely sure if I even did the right thing, my mind kept going in circles not sure if it was ok what I did.

The whole day I was depressed and asleep, I could not drag myself for anything then just the bathroom. Night came again and I was still in bed deeply asleep. A week came, then the second one, suddenly also the third arrived and I was still in bed, I was too tired and depressed for anything. The night came of the 3rd week and suddenly I was awoken by a familiar voice, "Abigail hun" I slowly opened my eyes and looked over my shoulder. As soon as my eyes adjusted and realized it was Larry, I jumped up and hugged him tightly, I began to cry hopelessly, I felt distraut and drained. Slowly he began to break the hug and looked at me with a smile, "I brought two presents for you", he looked towards the door of the room as Ahkmenrah and Khamunrah walked in. I stared at them both without any movement wideeyed, my heart was pounding so hard, I looked at Khamunrah and gave him a slight smile, slowly I turned my gaze towards Ahkmenrah and slowly my smile went away. As I stared at Ahkmenrah I got off the bed and quickly went to the bathroom. I love Ahkmenrah, I do, but I can't never forgive him for what he did, or maybe I am being unfair with him I don't know, I mean, I did do things alot worse to him than what he did to me.

I heard Larry behind the door, I turned towards the door trying to listen closely, "Abigail, hun, please, Ahkmenrah wants to talk to you, just open the door and come out", I turned and looked at the sink mirror, I looked disgraceful, I quickly took off my clothes and gave myself a quick shower, how embarrassing they came to see me, and here I look ghastly. As I took a shower I began singing "Heaven's A Lie" by Lacuna Coil, I quickly got out, brushed my hair, brushed my teeth and dried my hair with my hair dryer as I put on a pair of black jean short and a kaRIN from Collide T-shirt.

Slowly I opened the door of the bathroom and peeked out to see if they were still there, I could see Khamunrah sitting on the bed next to Larry, and Ahkmennrah looking at an old family photo that I had on my nightstand, "Interesting, huh?", I get out of the bathroom and lean against the door frame of the bathroom. Everybody turned to me, I could feel all eyes on me, I gave them a sideways smirk I slowly walked towards Ahkmenrah's direction as I gazed at the picture on my nightstand. I slowly took the picture, it was a picture of Larry and I when we were younger at my 9th birthday party. I remember that day, Larry was kicking this other kids ass because he was trying to lift my dress up, even as little he was such a protector like the brother I never had.

As I was staring at the picture Ahkmenrah leaned closer to me and spoke under his breath, "Why did you leave me Abigail?, what have I done to you to runaway from me so suddenly? I waited night after night until the cowboy told me", I kept looking at the picture as a tear began to fall from my eyes. Ahkmenrah kept his gaze towards me, slowly I turned and looked up at him, his eyes were with sincere concern, a slight tear went down his cheek, "I was mad Ahkmenrah, I was hurt that day, I thought you didn't love me like I did, when your parents started looking at me angrily I knew they hated me, and you said nothing..... I thought you didn't love me. I was angry with you, but at the same time I was hurting inside",  I kept looking into his eyes, I felt indicisive, I wanted to hold him, but part of me wanted to walk away. "How do you think I felt Abigail, I didn't want to say anything to them infront of you, but I spoke to them after you left, and they then understood how I really felt about you, I was looking for you after but I never found you, then I found Jedediah and he told me that you left and will  never come back, my whole world shattered, and I felt horrible" I slowly sat on the bed, Khamunrah and Larry walked from my room to the living room. Ahkmenrah kneeled down infront of me still looking closely at me, I looked down at him, "At the moment I thought it was the best thing to do..." , I shrugged with a tilted head and a sideways slight smile. "I have to let you go Ahkmenrah, you were a beautiful dream as it lasted, but, you are not real, I have to go back to the real world now", he frowned with a squint, "Not real? How can you say that our love is not real Abigail after everything we have gone through, I loved you since the first day I lay eyes on you, since the first time we made love, every little thing about you is so precious to me because I adore you, I cannot see myself without you, ever, and I am sure you feel the same way"

Slowly Ahkmenrah took my hands and brought them inbetween his hands slowly putting my hands up to his lips where he gave them a soft kiss, I closed my eyes, his touch was so soft. "Abigail please, I beg of you my love, don't leave me, please" , I look deeply into his eyes as they looked back at me desperately, his eyes showed countless days of tears and regret, Ahkmenrah slowly brought a hand to my cheek and caressed it delicately. I couldn't say no, Ahkmenrah is all I think about night and day. I would give my life to save him if I had too, he IS my life.