Chapter 3

**"Not Your Kind Of People" by Garbage**

That same night I arrived at the New York airport, I look down at my coat pocket and take out my cell. I quick dial Larry and say....

"Hey Larry, I arrived already, I'm at the airport, I'm gonna catch a cab towards your apartment, see you in a bit".

He didn't answer, but I left a message in his answering machine. I quickly go to the luggage conveyor belt and grab my suitcase and makeup bag, walking towards the exit doors of the airport I put away my cell.

I look around the streets of New York, nothing like San Diego, everybody seems like they are in a hurry to go somewhere, seemed rather more busy than from where I come from. I run towards the nearest cab and tell him Larry's address, he turns on the cab and begans to drive.

I look outside as the cab moves, I began to like New York more, it seemed like there was more going on here. A slight smile began to form on my face, it was a very long time since I came and visited Larry. He was the one that usually went to San Diego and visited Christopher and me, but I think I would rather come over here often now.

We finally arrive at Larry's apartment, where I see Larry and Nicky waiting for me infront of the apartments. I take out the cash from my coat and give it to the driver...

"Thank you"

I say as I grab my suitcase and little cosmetic bag, and get out the cab, the cab leaves, living me on the sidewalk. I look at Larry and Nicky on the other side of the street, and smile big, I began to run towards them with my suitcase. When I arrive to them I drop my bags and hug them both hard, they both hug me hard and laugh.

" Hi aunt Abigail"

Nicky says as we let go of the group hug, I look at Nicky and put my hands on his shoulders as I look at him...

"My Goodness Nicky you are so grown up"

Nicky smiles and says...

"Thanks Aunt"

I then turn to Larry, which stood silently smiling the whole time. I look at him and couldn't help but quickly hug him tight as a tear begans to fall from my cheek. He hugs me tightly back and taps my back softly...

"It's ok Abigail, Christopher never deserved you. What he did was unspeakable"

He softly caresses my back up and down, slowly letting me go. I look at him as his hands are on me shoulders and say....

"I know Larry, it's just so hard for me to move on"

He sighs and says...

"Well ofcourse it is, this barely happened a week ago, nobody said that you were gonna forget this right away"

He smiles softly at me and says as he lets go of my shoulders and grabs my bags.

"How about, if you come with me to work tonight, I don't want you to stay alone Abigail. Besides, it will be loads of fun"

He begans to walk towards the apartments with my bags, and as he walks away with Nicky following him from behind, I squint a little wondering what he meant by loads of fun. I shrug it off and began to walk towards their direction.

We all go into Larry's apartment, where he walks towards his room and drops the bags on the floor. He looks over at me and says putting his hands on his hips....

"You can stay in my room Abigail, Nicky and I can sleep at the living room"

I smile and say....

"Thanks Larry,.....for everything"

He smiles softly and says as he walks towards the door of the room towards the one on the living room....

"No problem,.... my pleasure Abigail, now lets go I am running a little late."

Nicky and I walk behind Larry as he grabs his keys from his pockets and locks the door behind us. As we walk outside we quickly run to his car which is right infront of his apartments, and drive off to his work.