5.

She woke up with sweat dripping down her forehead

  She woke up with sweat dripping down her forehead. She sat up and pulled away the blanket that covered her body. Her mind recalled the dream or so nightmare that she had, making her groan. She covered her face with her hands and sighed.

  She got out of her bed and stepped in the shower. She stood in the cold water while she stared at her feet. Her mind was stuck on the nightmare and couldn't divert her attention to anything else.

   Her wounds had healed and she was at ease without the bandages on her elbows and knees. She still did require the bandages on her ankle. She slipped on her dress after her long shower and grabbed an apple. She left her apartment and strolled into store after store. She fiddled with things she didn't want to buy, hoping it would distract her thoughts. She grew bored after twenty minutes of visiting stores and eventually walked aimlessly down the street.

  As she walked past another store, a group of Jets were messing with the store owner and their items. They laughed and teased the owner who was too lazy to act upon it. Riff, their leader, watched his boys entertain themselves when he noticed a familiar girl walk past him. Memories of the night he felt her soft lips flash before his eyes, making his heart beat the same way it did that night.

  With his cigarette between his lips, he called out to her but no response or any sign of acknowledgement came from her. He called once again and was given the same answer. He furrowed his brows in irritation due to the ignorance given by the petite girl. He began walking from behind, not giving up on calling out to her. His patience grew weaker at every step he took. He sped up and stopped her movements by blocking her path with his whole presence.

  She halted and looked straight at his chest. He tilted his head and waited for her to tilt her head up to him. When she did, her eyes widened and turned to confusion.

  "Oh, Riff. What are you doing here?" she questioned.

  The man scoffed and blew out the smoke in his lungs, "What's your name?" She arched a brow and pointed to herself. Riff rolled his eyes and nodded, "Who else am I talking to, doll?"

  "Oh. I mean, I thought you knew my name since at the diner—"

  "I want to hear you say it," he said with his hands on his hips.

  She rolled her eyes and looked lazily at the jet, "Come on. You know my name. You don't have to make me say it."

  The Jet didn't budge to say it, likewise for the girl. He could see that she wasn't in the mood to entertain him and it intrigued him to know what was going on. They stayed in position for a second before Riff made the move to ask.

  "Is it Amelia?" he asked. She nodded with a straight face and sarcastically clapped her hands. He clutched his chest and let out a breath, "Phew, thought you forgot your name since I've been calling out to ya."