27.

Green fields

Green fields. Blue skies. The chirping of birds was soft enough to obtain peace and quiet. A cool breeze of air. It was a beautiful sight. She walked through the tall fields.

"Amelia, my sweetheart."

She turned and met the eyes of the person she missed the most. She walked towards the open arms and wrapped herself in them.

"I've missed you, mum. I've missed you too much."

The older woman chuckled, "I know you have. You've been saying that every second that you get."

Amelia looked up at her and sighed, "Of course. I've lost you for many years and lived alone. I don't know if I can do it anymore."

"You're not alone, Amelia. You're surrounded by people who love you dearly because of who you are," her mother said as she cupped her cheeks.

"Can't I just stay here?" She pouted as a tear slipped down her cheek.

"God loves you but it's not your time yet. Some people need you more than you need me. You've been gone for too long," her mother smiled. "I love you, Amelia. You have made me so proud."

She frowned. Her eyes are saddened, knowing that Amelia will not be seeing her mother anytime soon if she awakes.

"But it's only been a couple of minutes."

"You know that I will always be here, watching over you," her mother said as she plant a kiss on her little girl's forehead. "But it's time to wake up."

Sudden voices from around her erupted. Her fingers fidgeted as her head shifted lightly. She moaned at the discomfort of her dry throat. Her body ached with a tight something around her chest. Her eyes fluttered open. Her vision was blurry, seeing only figures with colours as her eyes slowly scanned the room.

The figure closest to her touched her hair. She turned to the person and almost instantly, she knew who it was. His scent lingered in her nose, bringing back the memories she had of him. His face got closer to her eyes. His hand touched her cheek as his mouth moved, speaking words that she found hard to configure.

Slowly but surely, his words began to make sense in her ears and his features began to look clear in her eyes.

"R-Riff...?"

Her soft voice came out raspy and it hurt her throat. However, it didn't matter to her when she witnessed his reaction. His eyes brimmed with tears of joy and disbelief at the sound of her voice, calling out to his name.

He pulled her hand up to his cheek as he broke down into tears. He nodded his head continuously with his other hand stroking her hair. Shortly after, he moved away and allowed a few people in white to check up on her.