Epilogue

Music blasts through the speakers

Music blasts through the speakers. Beautifully dressed women walked hand in hand with their partners. The half-Puerto Rican woman sat excitedly in the passenger's seat as the car came to a stop in the parking lot. She turned to her husband who held her hand the entire ride.

"How do I look?"

He gave a chef's kiss and he caressed her cheek afterwards.

"You are stunning as always. Your beauty never fails to electrify me."

"Enough," she blushed, rolling her eyes. She glanced at the back seat and smiled, "Are we ready to dance?"

The 17-year-old boy groaned and frowned, "Do we have to?"

"Of course, Thomas Lorton. We can't miss this," Amelia said before turning to the other one, next to the boy. "What about you, sweetie?"

"I'm scared, ma. You know I can't dance," the 16-year-old girl frowned.

"I'm sure as hell ain't hearin' that comin' from my daughter," Riff said, looking through the rearview mirror. "Anyone made me by the both of us ought to know how to dance. It runs in the blood, Heather. So both of y'all better be dancin' or I ain't givin' none of ya what ya want."

"Sure, Pa. We weren't taught to dance. I mean, we've never seen the two of you dance. Not even once," Thomas scoffed.

"Well, today's your lucky day."

He pressed on Amelia's seatbelt buckle, pulling back the belt. He stepped out of the '67 Chevy Impala and went over to Amelia's side, opening the door for the lady as he had always done for 18 years. He took her hand and helped her out of the car.

"You look awfully handsome today," she complimented.

"You beat anyone and everyone in every way possible, beautiful. How lucky am I?"

"Very," she giggled.

The two sneaked a soft kiss before getting stopped by their two children gagging in disgust. The couple grinned and walked hand in hand with the two kids on each side. Thomas stood by his mother's side while Heather stood by her father's.

They walked in through the door, revealing a huge ballroom. Vinyl floor and coloured decorations. The Serenaders were replaced by a younger generation who played professionally. Seasons had changed. Organisers were now different. There were new faces around.

Until she spotted a face that was all too familiar.

"Amelia!"

She squealed and lunged in his arms, "Bernardo!"

"¡Eh! ¡Mi hermana! (Hey! My sister!)" He cheered as he returned her hug.

"Wow! Your arms have grown bigger now. You're really building up these days," Amelia said. "El boxeo ha sido bueno contigo. (Boxing has been good to you.)