25.

Anybodys?

Anybodys?

He was stressed and cautious of his surroundings. Amelia furrowed her brows, knowing something was wrong. Amelia rushed towards him and played it cool.

"Hey, Anybodys!"

His eyes widened seeing the smiley Amelia walking towards him.

"Where are you going?" She asked. "You're headin' for the rumble?"

  Anybodys furrowed his brows. He was certain that Amelia didn't know about the rumble. Riff would have made sure that she would have no clue.

  "The rumble? It was cancelled. There ain't no rumble."

  "Riff told me about it before he left. He said he'd be back tonight," Amelia said.

  Anybodys looked at the girl, sceptical of her words. He wasn't sure if Amelia was lying or telling the truth. She was able to fool Mouthpiece and some of the Jets. Heck, she was able to fool everyone with her identity. This was something too small. Something so easy for Amelia to get the answer she needed.

  Anybodys was anxious but he managed to look cool about it. Amelia's mind was working her way through to trick the boy but she wasn't sure if she was able to retrieve what she wanted. She has to try.

  "There isn't a rumble, Amelia. He told us that it was dropped."

  "Well, that ain't what he told me," Amelia shrugged.

  She thought of what to say next. To make it sound believable. At the same moment, she wasn't sure if the rumble was truly happening. She wasn't sure if Anybodys would know if they were having the rumble. Riff and the Jets didn't accept him in the group but then again, Anybodys knows everything.

  "He told me where it was but I had forgotten where."

  Amelia had an idea. If she wasn't able to get Anybodys to confess, his expressions will give her the answers. Amelia sharpened her eyes, looking hard into Anybodys's expressions. She had to make sure she wouldn't miss a single look, not even a twitch.

  "Was it by the docks?" She pretended to think when all she did was guess.

No , Anybodys's expression said.

"Well, he said something about it being hidden..."

Anybodys took a deep breath.

So it's indoors.

"Was it the boxing hal—"

Anybodys looked at Amelia.

Wrong guess.

Amelia was running out of places. She may have lived in the city for more than half of her life but it didn't mean she had explored all of the areas. Riff had been to all of the places. She just had to guess the right one to stop Anybodys from suspecting that Amelia actually doesn't know anything.

Imperfect Love | Riff Lorton - West Side StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara