7.

The two sat by the ledge of her bedroom window, sipping on hot cocoa that Amelia had made with her recipe

The two sat by the ledge of her bedroom window, sipping on hot cocoa that Amelia had made with her recipe. Riff was wrapped in her soft, warm blanket that she usually uses every night. She had run out of blankets and towels so she sacrificed her own blanket to provide him with warmth. She had wrapped herself in her coat with her nightgown hidden underneath.

  The Jets were all fast asleep and there was barely any space for the two to sit together. Her room was their only getaway space. They sat in silence as the rain gets heavier by the minute.

  "How did they know where you lived?" Riff started.

  "They didn't. I found them. I was looking out my window when I saw them in the alley. Ice, Joyboy, Diesel and Numbers were the first ones I found. I brought them up to rest and sought shelter. Ice was difficult so I had to drag him up."

He nodded his head, "Don't take it to heart. Ice is just looking out for the Jets. We're a family."

"I know. Your bond with the boys is amazing. I've never seen anything like it. Maybe because I've been alone so I don't get to see much," she wowed. "It must be nice to have them. I admit I am a little jealous."

He laughed silently, "Jealous? I've never heard anyone tell me that they're jealous of us."

"Okay. I'm not jealous of what you do to the people here but I am jealous of the bond," she laughed. "Have you seen my house? How empty it is? I don't wake up and anticipate seeing anyone," she continued.

"You're that lonely? That's sad," he said. She glared at him but softened her eyes after, knowing that it was the truth. He cleared his throat, "So what, you've never had like a lover or somethin'?"

She arched a brow, "Is that your way of asking if I've got a boyfriend?"

He scoffed and turned away, "I didn't have to ask to know. If you had one, you wouldn't be allowing me to carry you."

She gasped and clutched her chest, "You were the one who insisted to carry me. Now it's my fault that I don't tell you that I've got a boyfriend?"

"Don't interrupt me, babygirl. I'm not done," Riff shook his head. "If you had a boyfriend, you wouldn't have come to save me from the pouring rain and bring me here—"

"Your Jets are sleeping in my living room—"

"So your boyfriend would definitely allow a group of random boys to sleep in your living room?" Riff bantered.

She scoffed, "I'm sure he'd understand since it's raining cats and dogs out here."

"I wouldn't," he grinned.

"That's why you're not my boyfriend," she scoffed.

"Doesn't mean I can't, doll. I get what I want," he chuckled.

"You can't if I've got a boyfriend," she stated as she shook her head.

"So do you have one?"

She paused and glared at Riff. He smirked and leaned against the ledge's border.