11.

Ice smirked with the weed dangling in his hand

  Ice smirked with the weed dangling in his hand. Riff stood up and glared at the man with his tongue in cheek.

  "You couldn't have a better timing?"

  "Timing for?" Ice asked innocently but Riff knew he was just pretending.

  Riff snatched the wrapped-up weed off his hand and Ice strutted away. Karen and the rest gave Ice a look of disappointment for ruining their moment but he could care less. Riff glared at his boy before sitting back down.

  He took out a lighter from his pocket and slipped out the weed from the packet. He lit it up and placed it between his lips. Amelia watched as he sucked in the smoke through his lungs. His eyebrows furrowed in frustration. He offered her the stick yet retract his hand soon after.

  "It ain't good for ya—"

  She took his wrist and brought his finger to her mouth. She clasped the edge of the stick between her lips and sucked in a puff. Riff widened his eyes, shocked by her sudden act. The smoke escaped through her nostrils as she smirked.

  "You don't know what's good for me."

  His face lit up as his lips curved into a smile.

  "Just because I'm lonely, doesn't mean I ain't done bad things."

  He bit his lip as his gaze lowered to her eyes.

  "You gonna make me lose this game, girly girl," he said with a low tone.

  The Jets were on the ground and their ladies were on top of them. They were all as high as the clouds. Some were smooching with each other while some were still smoking weed. Some were on their feet dancing and waltzing around. Snowboy laid his head on his lady's chest as they danced. Action aggressively moving side to side with Rhonda. Numbers and his lady singing to tunes. Baby John and Tessie had passed out on the ground.

  Amelia looked at the mess and chuckled at the sight. She turned to Riff and his eyes were bloodshot red. Witnessing the amount of weed he had smoked, it made sense. He was as high as the Jets. He took another puff of weed and began laughing.

  "You're...a preeettttyyy girl, you know?" He slurred.

  She laughed. She was still sane, just a little high from the weed.

  "Riff, you're high. Shut up."

  "I'm...being reeaaall. Just looook at thaaat..." he slurred as he caressed her cheek.

  She leaned against his palm and held it. She looked at him in awe as he grinned from ear to ear. His eyes were small and his blinking had slowed down. She brought his hand down and placed it on his lap.

  "Do you hear that?" Riff questioned.

  She opened up her ears and listened for any intriguing sounds. The only sounds she heard came from the Jets and their ladies which wasn't anything new. Suddenly, Riff took her hand and pulled her up. She yelped in shock, stumbling into his arms.