13.

(Cue La La Land - Planetarium)

  Riff pulled her to the middle of the empty road and they stood facing each other. He allowed the rain to set on Amelia who looked up to the sky, letting the water hit her face. He spun her around, pressing his chest against her back. He guided her in his hands as they took steps back.

He twist her around and they locked eyes. They continued the same choreography as they circled the road in the pouring rain. She caught his moves, no longer needing his guidance.

The two moved like they were the only ones in the world. They owned the night. No. They owned the world and everyone else was just living in it.

Amelia spun away from him when Riff caught her floating hand. He pulled her in and their eyes met. They both smiled. His hand pressed against her waist as their faces inched closer by the second.

They split apart when loud honking and a bright light interrupted their moment. The two stood across from each other, allowing the car to drive by.

"What are you? Idiots?" The driver yelled angrily.

The two scoffed. Riff kicked the puddle of water at the car and cursed at them as Amelia did the same. The vehicle drove by the two after flipping his finger at the two of them, causing Amelia to gasp. Before it could drive off, Amelia picked up a small pebble and threw it at the car.

The car abruptly stopped. Amelia widened her eyes and shouted for Riff to run. The two ran towards the opposite direction of where the car was headed. The two intertwined their hands as they laughed at the man who had given up chasing after the two.

"You're crazy!" Riff shouted in laughter.

"You're a bad influence!" She shouted in reply.

Amelia stepped into a large puddle and gasped in disgust. Riff who managed to save himself laughed at the sight of Amelia. She kicked the dirty water at Riff and made a run. Riff chased after the girl and lifted her from behind. He spun around as she laughed while pushing his grip off of her.

As soon as her feet landed on the ground, she sprinted away from Riff. They came upon a short metal parking barrier and they both stood on each end. They walked the barrier, balancing on it. Riff reached his hand out for hers as they came closer to each other.

She held the hem of her dress as they both grinned. Jumping off the barrier, they both held each other and danced to the music in their heads. They waltzed through the slippery roads in unison in pure joy. No interruptions. No disagreements.