chapter two

I'VE BEEN IGNORING the boys by having my headphones in at every waking moment

I'VE BEEN IGNORING the boys by having my headphones in at every waking moment. Half the time I didn't even have them playing, but it was funny to hear them complaining about not being able to talk to me.

Maybe if they'd keep their mouth shut I would.

I didn't understand how four boys could be the same level of dumb. It was like they shared one brain cell, which was sad because Logan has the chance to be a doctor. But within this week of Logan apologizing, each one of them has made a comment about my weight.

Unintentional, but still annoying as shit since they were trying to defend Logan. He already said his own peace. Just because I haven't forgiven him yet doesn't mean they have to say their two cents. In fact, I would have forgiven him days ago had Kendall not opened his mouth and started all of this. Well, Carlos was actually nice about it, but he, unfortunately,  was grouped in with them.

It was weird to me that he never had a true girlfriend (I don't count the one Gustavo hired). Carlos is the sweetest boy you could ever meet and would treat a girl amazingly.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and shot a glare at James who took a step back. He was the last person I wanted to talk to. Not only did he make a comment about my weight that same day he went and flirted with a girl ten times smaller than me. All it did was make me feel more shitty about myself.

His eyes were wide as I ripped off my hoodie, threw it in the dirty pile, and grabbed a new one. All four of them looked at me in shock considering the one I was wearing came from the clean pile five minutes before. James hesitated before touching this sweatshirt too, making me repeat the motion. I gave him a challenging look but he just turned around back to the boys.

It might have been a petty thing to do, but I don't want to wear anything he's touched. If he would have touched my skin I would literally go shower. His touch made my skin crawl instead of the warm and fuzzy feeling I used to get.

I spread my strawberry cream cheese on my plain bagel before grabbing my bag. Katie hugged me goodbye and Mom kissed me on my forehead. The boys yelled goodbye but I flipped them off which made Mom yell at me.

It was all muffled over the sound of One Direction but she wasn't happy with me. I tried to just prepare myself for work. Kelly's text message of wearing something comfortable scared me. The last time I got that message I had to help Gustavo rearrange the entire rehearsal room and that was not fun.

I have no muscle and will never have any.

Once the building came into view, I took my headphones out to let them charge. The walk here normally drains them and for some reason, I feel like I'd need them today. They were old and I just haven't bought new ones. The boys didn't know how much I get paid and I'd like to keep it that way.

"You're late!" Gustavo yelled while tapping his foot and pointing at his stupid expensive watch. I rolled my eyes and looked at my phone.

"By a minute and technically I was in the building when it changed to eight," I snapped back earning a taken-back look from the man. He's not used to me snapping back despite it being a year since I moved here.