chapter twenty-six

I've decided that this story will be published traditionally or self published but I would like too know if you'd buy it?

ONCE I WAS able to get my sleep on track it was easier to engage with everyone. Today Luke was planning on taking me around Sydney as a complete tourist. I wore Luke's sweatshirt and light blue jeans. My hair was tied into a ponytail and two strands of hair framed my face.

I bounced down the stairs excited for what he had planned for us today. He was whispering with his Mom when I came down but cut himself off when he saw me. Before I could ask, he handed me a cup of orange juice and gave me a kiss. He was wearing my sweatshirt too.

"Good morning," I mumbled against his lips before taking a big sip. Liz handed me a chocolate chip muffin with a warm smile. Within the past few days, we've become close. It was kind of odd, but it was so natural with her.

"Good morning to you too," he said, kissing me once more. "Are you ready?"

I nodded with a mouth full of muffins. "I just have to grab my wallet," I said, earning protests.

"I'm paying for it, darling. I just want you to have fun today," He said, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me close making me almost spill the juice on him. I had yet to exchange some American money for Australian because Luke hasn't taken me yet. Although now I feel like that was on purpose.

"You're going to spoil me too much," I said, feeding him a piece of the muffin. His Mom laughed at my comment.

"He'd do that even if there was a dollar to his name. Hate to say it, but get used to it, Honey," she said with a wink, turning back to the stove to finish cooking breakfast for everyone else.

Luke twisted me around to lead me out the door so we couldn't continue to talk. It happened a few times when we were supposed to meet up with the boys. I just loved to talk to her and the rest of the boys Mom's. They were all just so sweet and caring. Plus it was great to hear embarrassing stories about them.

Like the gentleman he is, he opened the car door for me and handed me my bag before jogging over to the driver's side. It was so odd for him to be driving on the other side of the road.

He leaned over the middle to press another kiss to my lips. My smile didn't leave my face as we left the driveway. "Are you going to tell me?" I asked as I rolled my window down to let the Australian air hit me.

Luke mimicked me, his wink the only answer to my question. I laughed and tucked a strand of hair behind my head.

Australia from what I've seen was beautiful. It was a little chilly today though but a lot better than back home in Minnesota. We drove for about an hour and I listened to him sing off-key the entire time. He tried to get me to sing with him, but I didn't sing.

Smoothly he pulled into the parking garage and my face lit up when I realized where we were. "You brought me to the Royal Botanical Gardens?"

"Of course. You can't come to Sydney and not see it," he said as I eagerly got out of the car. I intertwined our fingers as he led us to the entrance. I practically skipped the entire way before we actually entered the gardens. He paid for our admission and began to lead me through the large place.