chapter eight

MY HEAD FELT like it was going to explode if Gustavo screamed at the boys one more time

MY HEAD FELT like it was going to explode if Gustavo screamed at the boys one more time. They were professionals and adults now and still acted like children. There wasn't enough Tylenol in the world to help when it came to them.

At least he's letting me help with the actual recording again. I think he had run out of stupid things for me to do at this point because he wasn't happy about it either.

"Kaley!" He yelled, making me jump. I just barely caught my cup of water before it spilled all of the equipment and shot him a glare. "Go get us some coffee. It's going to be a late night!"

All of us collectively groaned before I got up and grabbed my stuff. Maybe Luke would be there and we could see one another for five seconds before we had to rush off again.

Between my schedule and his, we haven't been able to see one another since I met the guys. That was almost two weeks ago and it was driving me crazy. We talked on the phone as much as we could but it wasn't the same. I know he felt the same way too because he's actually been voicing his complaints. I guess our little meetings helped both of us and not just me as I thought.

"Carlos! Go with her! You're getting on my last nerve!" Gustavo shouted at the boy who just raised his hands in defense. He literally was just standing there doing nothing.

He rushed over to me and we practically ran out of the building before they could call us back in for some dumb reason. Any reason to get a break was a good one. It was frustrating that he yelled at Carlos when he was the one being the calmest for once. He actually wanted to do what they are supposed to be doing.

At the front, we both took a moment to sigh in relief and get our bearings. It's been a long five hours in the studio today and it hasn't been pretty. I wonder if it was like this with Luke and his producer.

"I don't think I can handle another moment of this," Carlos grumbled, kicking a rock into the street. We watched as it bounced right into the sewer drain.

"I'm surprised that he is letting me in the studio. Ever since I left that bruise on Kendall's face he has me doing the stupidest tasks," I told him, making a face at just the thought of everything I had to do in the past few weeks.

Carlos chuckled. "It was a good slap though. I'm sorry the other boys haven't even tried to apologize."

I snorted hard. "The chance of that happening is just as high as pigs learning how to fly," I pointed out, earning a shrug from him and I just now noticed how much muscle he had on him.

He used to be this scrawny boy but now he had muscle and had heads turning with each step we took. I continuously poked him in the bicep, getting a weird look from my friend. Eventually, he just grabbed my hand and gently put it at my side without saying a word.

Carlos held the door open for me and the moment I stepped through the door my eyes instantly found Luke. He was with Michael talking with a bright smile on his face.