chapter twenty- eight

THE FIRST THING Crystal did was throw herself at me when she walked through the door

THE FIRST THING Crystal did was throw herself at me when she walked through the door. I laughed as we spun around.

"You just saw me," I laughed, using her shoulders to steady me.

"But that was yesterday and not today. This is from Michael and I," she said, taking a box out of her boyfriend's hands and giving it to me. I had all gotten them a few things, but I wasn't expecting anything back.

For Michael I got a new gaming headset he's been talking about buying for the past two months. Crystal, I got some expensive makeup with the help of Michael who went through their bathroom. Calum I got a new kilt that was plaid red and Ashton a couple of pairs of sunglasses since he keeps either breaking or losing them.

I opened the gift to find dinosaur slippers and I grinned at Crystal and Michael. "You two know me so well."

Michael's sweater had a picture of Calum's face and Crystals was all green with a red triangular banner around the top and bottom with Santa in the middle.

Ashton was the next to arrive. His sweatshirt just looked like a tree except it had ornaments hanging off of it. I went in for a hug but he put his hands out to stop me.

"They keep falling off and Liz would not like it if I just raged quit and went around shirtless," he commented, snickers coming from our friends when Liz shot him a knowing look. He handed me a small box.

"You guys didn't have to," I grumbled. It's not that I didn't like the gifts but sometimes it's weird for me to accept them. Especially when we've all known each other for under a year.

Silver caught my eye as well as the colorful charms hanging off of the bracelet. "The drumstick for me, the bat for Lucy, Dumbo for Calum, the controller for Michael, the lipstick for Crystal, and the heart for Luke," he explained, pointing to each piece as he did so.

I'm not a bracelet person, but this was never coming off my wrist - aside to shower. "Thank you so much, Ashton. You put a lot of thought into this," I gushed while clasping it around my wrist.

The weight of it was unfamiliar and the charms hit my skin every so often, but I loved it. He had a proud smile on his face. From behind him, I saw Calum approaching and I gasped before rushing away from the group. They called after me but I was already taking the stairs two at a time.

With a swift motion, I dumped my duffle bag out on Luke's bed to sort through everything, stuffing all undergarments back into the bag as I found them. Finally, the box Lucy gave me was in sight and I rushed back down.

They all were looking at me like I was crazy when I came back a little out of breath. "I'm supposed to give this to you," I said, holding out the gift. Instead of giving me the one he had, he hooked it under his arm and opened it. His eyes widened with excitement.

"This is from her?" He asked, hoping on the tips of his toes.

"Uh, yeah?" I asked, trying to get a look. He flipped it over to show a concert ticket but instead of a band and seats, it had a restaurant reservation and said 'Date With Lucy' on it.