chapter twenty-three

I SHOT AWAKE when I felt something hit me

I SHOT AWAKE when I felt something hit me. Crystal stood there with a grin on her face and a pillow in her hand. She was already dressed for the day. I looked at my phone to see that it was only eight in the morning.

"Did you hit me with a pillow?" I asked in disbelief trying to get my bearings. Last night was the best sleep that I have had in forever. She chucked it next to me.

"Sure did. Get up. We have things to do!" She cheerfully said, turning to dig through my bag. I rubbed my eyes trying to wake up.

"Where's Luke?" I asked once I noticed the bed next to me was empty.

"Getting things ready for your date. I've been instructed to get you pampered and ready," she said with a grin.

I tried to fight a smile but hers was just too contagious. "Pampered? This should be interesting," I said as I got out of bed. What was Luke doing so early in the morning for our date? It made me feel special knowing that he was putting effort into this.

Crystal handed me leggings and one of my normal T-shirts. I figure it would be better if I didn't look completely homeless the entire vacation. It was a tight fit which made me a little uncomfortable and when I walked out of the bathroom she stared at me.

"What?" I asked looking down to make sure I had it on right. She poked my boob.

"Girl you've been hiding these," she said with a chuckle. I shrugged.

"It's just a sack of fat and tissue," I commented while reaching for my wallet. She smacked my hand.

"First off, boobs do a lot more than just sit there when you have a child. Second, Luke told me under no circumstances are you to pay for anything," She explained, pulling me out of the room before I could argue. I should have known he wouldn't let me pay for anything. "And my point is you look good in clothes that actually fit you."

"I'm assuming you have everything planned out?" I asked, trying to keep up with her long legs. New York streets were packed and I wasn't used to the hustle and bustle. L.A. was a lot more relaxed than this even if the streets were crowded.

"Duh. I love girl days and know exactly what to do," she said, pausing so I could jog to keep up with her.

She linked her arm to mine. "I've never really done this. Only small things that I can do at home."

"Oh, honey. Just you wait," she said with a grin before yanking me into a building. I instantly recognized it as a nail salon.

I let Crystal do the talking since I had no idea what to do. I was led over to a chair and they started working on my nails instantly. It felt weird having someone tugging at my nails and hands. People do this all the time?

The lady cleaned and shaped my nails before applying a nude color to them. Nail polish was never my thing. Every time I tried to do it, I would end up messing my right hand up since my left isn't my dominant. It would annoy me and I would just take it all off wasting a couple of hours of my life.