chapter ten

THE NUMBERS BLINKED in red at me and I couldn't stop staring

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

THE NUMBERS BLINKED in red at me and I couldn't stop staring. Every week I weighed myself while trying to watch what I ate but in one week I'd lost thirty pounds. I don't understand how because I have been eating normal amounts. Not to mention all the chinese food I ate a Luke's a few days ago.

A loud pounding on the door made me jump out of my stupor. "Kaley, hurry up! Gustavo has some good news for us!" Kendall yelled before mumbling a comment to someone else.

Numbly, I pulled my clothing on, noticing how baggy it looked on me than normal. I loved oversized clothing but this makes me look like a kid in her father's sweatshirt.

Before they could notice, I ran to my room and grabbed my hockey hoodie. Hopefully, they won't notice.

"Do you want a muffin?" Mom asked as we all filled out the door. I shook my head, a lump in my throat. Though, I did grab a water bottle to sip on.

In the car, Carlos sat next to me so I didn't have to sit near James. Though it wasn't comfortable being squished into the door. My mind was swirling, trying to figure out where I wasn't eating enough.

I didn't even remember walking into the building until we were standing in front of a very excited Kelly and a stone-cold Gustavo.

"Boys! Today I got news. News that is going to change your lives," he began, pausing for dramatic effect. "You're going on a world tour!"

The boys were cheering as I stood there frozen. It was amazing news, but I didn't want to be a part of it. I wanted a break from them. The last thing I wanted is to be cramped in a tour bus with them for half a year.

"This is awesome! I can't wait to explore a bunch of cities!" Carlos exclaimed, bouncing on his heels.

"I can't wait to meet ladies," James said, running his hand through his hair. I can't believe I found him attractive.

"Am I coming with?" I asked cutting off Kendall and Logan from saying what they were excited for. My head was swimming and a panic attack was creeping up my spine.

Gustavo gave me a dirty look. The same one that I always got, but this time it cut into me differently. What the heck was happening? "Of course not! I need you here to keep everything running. Trust me. I won't run out of things for you to do," he yelled, making me grit my teeth. I hated my boss. Work is the bane of my existence now and I hated it. I had no choice but to take this job. It was easier back then when I got along with everyone else.

Whatever he has for me, I'll do it if it means I won't be stuck with them for months.

Kelly began explaining to the boys what they needed to do in the months coming and what to pack. I had to sit down and put my head between my knees to catch my breath. My chest hurt with every breath.

A hand rested on my back and I practically jumped out of my skin. Kendall was standing there with a concerned look on his face. "Are you alright?" He asked, kneeling down to rub my back better.

Kill My Time | luke hemmings  ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें