Chapter 34: Wax Museum

A family approached a new town chanting, "New Town! New Town! New Town!" Anne was wearing a cloak to hide her identity while Drake kept his hood up.

"Food!"

"Shops!"

"This place is so cool! What should we do first?"

"Let's see." Hop Pop opened his wallet. "Nothing. All we can afford is window-shopping, kids."

"I still have some coins from my travels. Maybe we can use that?" Drake suggested. "By the way Anne. I've never seen you wear that cloak before. What's the occasion?"

"No occasion, Hop Pop just asked me to wear it but man it's hot out here." Anne pulled her hood back and breathed a sigh of relief. A nearby crowd gasped when they saw her. She looked to her left and noticed they were watching her. "Great. Sometimes I forget about the whole 'I'm a freak in this world' thing."

A tadpole began to cry at the sight of her.

"Whoa, whoa! Don't cry. I'm not a monster. I'm just weird. See?" Anne twitched her nose then ears before striking a pose. "Ta-da."

The crowd was amazed at the simple performance. "Mommy, mommy. Give that freak money."

The frog holding the tadpole reached into her pocket. "It was a lovely performance. Here." she handed a pile of coins.

"Do it again! Do it again!" the tadpole requested.

Anne looked back at the Plantars for approval. Polly gave a thumbs up. "Milk it!" she then placed a sign on her bucket and pushed it in front of Anne.

Anne did another trick. This time, pretending to remove her thumb from her right hand.

"Amazing!"

"Incredible!"

"Take my money!"

The frogs began throwing coins at Anne.

"This is so much better than that creepy, old oddities museum." a frog said.

"Oddities museum? What the heck is an oddity in Amphibia? Am I right?" Anne joked but nobody laughed. "Stick to physical comedy. Got it." she punched herself in the face causing the frogs to throw more coins.

For the next few hours Anne would perform all sorts of tricks to entertain the townsfolk. By sundown, she was busy gathering all the money into Polly's bucket.

"Wow, Anne. You made a bucket of money. Literally." Sprig said.

"Woo-hoo! Now, how are we gonna spend all of this cash?" Anne looked around. "Hmm... ooh. That oddity place is still open. How about it?"

"Well, you made the money. But only if you keep your hood up. I don't like you drawing so much attention to yourself." Hop Pop said.

"Deal. Let's do it." Anne put her hood back up as she led everyone into the museum called the Curiosity Hut. It was completely different compared to the other buildings around it as it was the only one made out of wood. The museum also had potted trees growing outside and seemed to be open at all hours.

The Plantars looked nervous at the idea of going into such a creepy looking building but decided to join her anyway. Meanwhile Drake managed to remain calm about the strange museum. At least he wasn't going in alone.

Anne stepped through the door first. Drake stood right behind her while the Plantars just peeked inside. They were met with a hallway of various objects. The most notable ones were the large wax statues that looked to be life sized. They depicted various monsters such as two love doves fused together into one body, a giant praying mantis playing some kind sport, even frog like gnomes.