Chapter 56: Boys vs Girls

Drake sat on the couch in the Plantar living room. He was looking up with his eyes closed, trying to rest. Suddenly, he heard a noise and felt a slight shift in the air. Drake raised his hand and grabbed a pillow that was thrown in his direction. He then threw it back, hitting Sasha in the face. He quickly ducked left as two pillows hit the spot on the couch. Drake got up and threw those pillows, hitting Anne and Marcy.

"Admit it. We nearly had him." Anne said, recovering quickly from getting hit by a pillow.

"Not close enough apparently." Marcy replied.

"Where did you learn those moves?" Sasha asked.

"Picked it up during my travels. But mostly from a weapons class I took in Newtopia." Drake answered.

"What's with all the ruckus?!" Hop Pop asked, poking his head out from the study room.

Sprig and Polly were walking down the stairs, also curious about what's going on.

"Hey, Hop Pop we're playing a game. Wanna join us?" Anne offered.

"A game? What kind of game?" Sprig asked.

"The Boys vs Girls War." Marcy answered. "It was a game we used to play. The rules are simple, each side tried to pull a prank on the other and if they fall for it, they get a point. At the end of the weekend, whichever side has the most points win."

"Oh really? So Drake, got any ideas for a prank?" Sprig asked.

"I don't really do pranks anymore though." Drake replied.

"What?" Polly was surprised.

"The last time I did a prank, Marcy ended up in a wheelchair." Drake explained.

"Come on Drake! That was just one time!" Marcy protested.

"Seriously, it's no fun if you don't fight back." Sasha added.

"If you want someone to pull a prank on you... maybe I can join Drake's team!" Sprig suggested.

"I used to be quite the prankster when I was Sprig's age." Hop Pop said, stepping out of the study room.

Anne looked at her frog family for a moment. "Well if Drake is fine with that. You can join."

Drake looked at the pink frog for a moment then to Hop Pop. "Alright, welcome to the team."

"Oh wait! I wanna join too!" Polly said.

"Well, if that's okay with you Sasha." Marcy looked at Sasha.

"Of course you can join our team." Sasha replied. "Oh wait, let's get Grimesy in as well."

"Did somebody call me?" Grime appeared at the door.

"Grimesy! We're doing a prank war and it'll be more fun if we have even teams. Wanna join Drake's team?" Sasha asked.

"Pranks? I love pranks! Count me in!" Grime yelled excitedly.

Everyone gathered outside so Marcy could explain the rules. "Alright, just so everyone understands. There are a few rules for The Boys vs Girls War. Both sides will try to pull pranks on the other. If you succeed, your side gets a point for each person tricked. Each time you successfully pull a prank, you can't get more points using that method for the rest of the war. Whichever side gets the most points by the end of the weekend wins. Frobo will be our scorekeeper." Marcy gestured to the robot. "Anything else goes. Any questions?" Marcy waited for a moment, but she was met with silence. "Alright then, go on with your day and we'll see you tomorrow at midnight."

The two groups dispersed. Anne, Sasha, Marcy and Polly started plotting the downfall of the boys. "Do we have a plan?" Polly asked.

"Yes actually, Sprig and Hop Pop should be the easiest to trick so we don't really have to worry about them. Grime is not very subtle so anything he pulls on us should be easy to avoid. That leaves Drake. He will be the hardest one to prank." Sasha explained.