Chapter 43: A Delayed Departure

Marcy watched Drake as he was being measured by a group of small newts. They were measuring his arm length, his height anything that would need to be considered when creating an outfit.

Near the door was a newt fashion designer named Bernardo. He had been paid up front for his service and wanted to make sure it turned out perfectly. "You made a good choice picking rogue. That is the current trend in Newtopia. Everyone looks good in rogue."

"I'm excited to see the result." Marcy said.

"I guess I need something to replace this sooner or later." Drake looked at the tiny rips in his clothing that had built up over time. Part of the sleeves under his right arm had been torn open, creating a large hole that exposed his armpit. The pockets were barely holding together but aside from that, the damage wasn't too bad.

"Yes of course. Now then let us try a few outfits..." Bernardo clapped his hands. "Eggwellems!"

One of the newts charged forward. Drake found himself in a cloud of dust for a few moments. When the dust settled, he was in a completely different outfit. He was now wearing a duelist outfit with a tricorn hat and a large blue cloak.

"Perhaps a duelist." Bernardo said.

"I kind of prefer something stealthier." Drake said.

The dust cloud kicked up again. "A ninja."

"I don't feel safe wearing this."

There was yet another dust cloud. Drake found himself wearing a black leather outfit with a black hood. "A thief."

"I'm not sure... seems a little tight." Drake explained.

"Why don't you list everything you wish incorporated in your outfit to me. I will design one that fits all your specifications." Bernardo said.

Drake began to list his requirements. "Well, I care about more about practicality than aesthetics. Definitely want something that can help me sneak around better and make me quiet. I would also like something that would be durable, so I don't have to worry about getting it repaired all the time. Most importantly, I don't want something too tight fitting, I need to be mobile enough to run and climb wherever I need to."

"I have the perfect outfit for you." Bernardo said with a hint of excitement.

The dust cloud kicked up one final time. When it settled down Drake was finally happy with what he saw. Drake was now wearing dark blue pants that were extremely flexible yet waterproof. The dark blue coat was also extremely flexible. His favorite part was the hood he could pull up much like his school hoodie. On his waist was a belt for a large variety of objects. His boots were padded and made almost no sound whenever he took a step. Drake felt with this outfit, he was prepared for anything.

"I love it!" Drake exclaimed.

"Smile!" Marcy walked up to Drake and took a selfie with him. "I really like the look."

"It is my best work yet." Bernardo admired.

"Thank you, Bernardo." Marcy said as she walked Drake out of the shop.

Drake looked down. "You know Marcy... there's something I've been meaning to ask you..."

Marcy looked at him inquisitively. "What's up?"

"Do you ever feel like maybe things would be better if you disappeared? Removed yourself?" Drake asked.

"Not really. What making you ask that?" Marcy replied.

"I've been thinking about whether or not I should go back home after we get the music box recharged." Drake explained.

"What do you mean by that?" Marcy asked.