Chapter Three

The temperature seemed to drop, my hands felt like ice as well as my legs. I just stared at the computer screen.

No... NoNoNoNo. This cannot be real!

I stood up and ran my fingers through my hair. Just breath, it was probably just your imagination. I took a glance outside through the window, the snow was coming down hard and fast, it made the sky and everything else out there look pitch black. The only light now was my computer screen.

I looked back towards the hallway and became acutely aware on how dark it was. It felt as if a looming presence was ready to appear at any time. I ran and turned on the lights. Who am I kidding, there's no way that was a hallucination.

Ok, deep breaths deep breaths. I looked towards the kitchen, I could probably just take some melatonin and knock my self out, besides I need the rest anyways.

I opened the cabinet and looked around for the melatonin. Once I landed one it I took one of the gummies and popped it into my mouth. I took a swig of my water that was now lukewarm to wash it down.

I walked back to my laptop and looked at the time, 8:14. It usually to around thirty minutes for the melatonin kicked in. Guess I better go ahead and take a shower.

I walked across the house to my bathroom and turned on the shower, the tiles were cold and sent shivers up my spine. I walked back to my room to get some pajamas and a hoodie. It was quite cold since the snow storm starting raging outside.

I hopped and in shower and basked in the warmth. I washed my hair quite aggressively in an attempt to get all the sweat and grim out from earlier today. After a little bit of just relaxing I turned the water off.

I stepped out, dried my body and my hair then slipped on my pjs and hoodie. I looked up at the now fogged mirror. I wiped a bit of it off and looked into the refection of myself.

My hair was tangled and messy, while my eye bags became dark with stress of today. Man, today really did do a number on me huh?

I gave a small smile at my reflection and grabbed my brush. Once my hair was detangled I went off into my room.

I didn't want to turn off the lights, what if that strange thing comes back. I'd have to see where he was if he did return.

So I left the hall lights on and turned on my little night light. It was a present I had gotten a couple years back.

It was a mushroom, once you pushed on the top part of it would light up. It edmited a small warm glow to everything. I liked it since it was dim enough to sleep with but just bright enough to see your surroundings.

I slipped into bed and felt exhaustion pulling at my eyelids. The melatonin was definitely a good choice to take, I really missed my bed and how good it felt to drift asleep.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Knock Knock

I jerked awake, what was that, was it my parents coming home?

I turned my head at my alarm clock, 4:47 am. The hallway lights had been turned off, meaning my parents had come home earlier. Who was making that noise... No, No it's probably just the tree outside, it is storming after all.

I laid my head back down on my pillow and closed my eyes.

Knock Knock

Shit, that wasn't a tree. I jerked back up and looked at the window.

My mouth flew open, my eyes widened from what I was seeing. It was a person, they had a white mask on with black eyes and lips painted on it.

It just stood there staring at me, I stayed still not knowing what to do. Was it here to finish me off?

I snapped out of it, I flew across the room and got my bat. I held it with both hands, ready to strike if it came inside my room.

Look intimidating, maybe it'll see you're not helpless, I told myself. I held my chin up and stared at it. I pulled my face together and set a stern expression on, I just hoped it couldn't see the bat shaking slightly.

After what seemed like hours of staining each other down it finally left, taking one last glance at me again before running into the snow.

I ran to the window to see if I could make out what direction it went but the snow only allowed me to see so far.

I let out a shaky sigh before stepping back, I finally got to process what just happened.

That definitely wasn't the creature I saw yesterday, so what was it doing here?

I threw my bat down at the floor in a fit of anger, what is happening right now, I Haven't even done anything to deserve this shit.

"Y/N honey, is everything alright in there," I heard my mom call.

"Yes mom everything's ok. I just tripped on my bat trying to use the bathroom" I called back, trying to make up a believable excuse. I held my breath waiting for an answer.

"Alright, just be a bit more careful, don't want you dying in there," she called one last time before I heard their bed creak. She must have bought it, and gone back to sleep I guess. I'll just go flush the toilet just in case.

I slowly walked towards the bathroom, it was uncomfortably quiet and dark. I walked a bit faster to turn on the bathroom light. I took a look around me to make sure that thing hadn't come inside.

I released a breath I didn't realize I had been holding. I flushed the toilet and turned on the sink. I listened to the water run down it and just stared at it for a second, I'm not sure why, maybe it was comforting to know that at least a scary monster wasn't going to come from the sink.

I turned it off alongside with the light and hurried back to my room. I picked up my bat and placed it right beside me in the corner of my bed. I hugged my knees and felt tears prick at my eyes, I'm so tired of this, I just want Lukas back with me.

For the rest of that long cold night I stayed huddled up in a corner, too scared to go back to sleep, and too paranoid to keep my eyes off the window.