Chapter 13

I awoke with a start, my eyes flew open and I wiped my head around to see if the rabid rabbit was still here. I sat up in a hurry to look around to see if I was safe. My breathing was uneven and came in short, rough, gasps of air, my head was swarming with everything I was trying to process. I could barely feel the tips of my fingers due to the cold air that was around me.

I felt something on my face slowly going down it. I lifted my hand to wipe whatever it was. It felt warm, I lifted my hand in front of me to see what it was, it was blood mixed with salty tears. My body started to shake worse than it already was. Was it real, did it really happen?

A creak came from beside me, my eyes widened and my body froze in fear, I turned my head to see what was coming to finish me off. It was Masky, he just stood there in front of the doorway looking at me. I continued to stare at him as well, not really knowing what else to do.

The tears kept pouring down my face, I started hiccuping in an attempt to quiet my sobs but it only made it worse. I broke eye contact and hung my head in my hands to try and stop the tears. I heard soft footsteps approach me.

They stopped when they were right beside me, the only noise that was present was my sobs echoing in the empty room. I felt a warm hand on my back, "Your safe now," he spoke in a smooth voice.

I lifted up my head just a bit, my hair covered most of my face but I could still make him out. He became quiet once again, "Let me clean that bite mark up," He said.

My body went rigid, It wasn't a dream, oh shit. "Is there really a bite mark on my face," I asked desperately,

"Yes," he responded in a hesitant voice. Oh no, no, that can't be true, it was all just a dream, it couldn't have been real. My grip on his arm tightened, I was trying to ground myself, my mind was racing.

How was that even possible, it was just a dream, a fucking dream. Thoughts were flying through my head at lighting speed all trying to find a solution to this madness. I heard him say something but I wasn't listening, I couldn't listen, everything was just so confusing. Blurs of colors were swirling in my vision, in and out they came. They would never stay, always in the move they were.

Suddenly I felt a warm presence in my face, it snapped me out of whatever I was. The swirls of colors faded out and I was left with Masky standing in front of me, shaking my shoulder and cupping my face.

He just stood there, staring at me, he always stared, always thinking about his next move carefully.

My shaking body finally calmed down, but with the shaking gone my body felt cold and strange. I couldn't feel my finger tips, they held no sense of feeling.

"You need to go eat something," Masky said firm tone.

"I'm not hungry," I replied, the last thing on my mind was eating something right now.

"Then we'll get your something to drink,"

I paused for a second to think about it, not that he mentioned it, my mouth was extremely dry. I nodded my head, "Ok,"

He held out his hand for me to grab, I hesitated for a second, he seemed to notice this.

"I'm not going to hurt you," He said, I narrowed my eyes at him. Now that's a lie if I ever heard one.

I figured I could walk by myself. Besides, I was honestly afraid to even touch him. I didn't want to set him off again, especially now, I wouldn't be able to take whatever he threw my way.

I gripped the side of the couch I was laying on and pulled myself up. A wave of dizziness flooded my brain and sent everything spinning for a couple of seconds. I tightened my grip on the couch to steady my legs. I felt a firm grip on my arm, it was him.