Chapter Sixteen

I woke up to someone going about the house like a mad man. I lifted my head up and tried to see who it was but I stopped right before I did. They were talking, and by they I mean E.J and Masky. I stayed quiet and tried to make out what they were saying.

"I found the records at Slenderman's mansion, their not fake, I promise," E.J said

"Are you positive?" Masky questioned

"Yes, I am. Why else would he have had them storied in there, he probably did a study on it years ago. You do know he is quite messed up in the head,"

"Yea well, we all are... ok never mind about them being fake, what did they even say,"

"The subjects all started off as normal, then slowly they all fell to madness. They complained about voices and recurring nightmares. These symptoms continued to worsen over time,"

"And?"

"They all killed themselves Masky,"

Fear gripped my chest, god I hope they weren't talking about me. Silence had filled the room, Mask didn't respond for a great while.

"I need to go," Masky spoke in a shaker tone,

"Masky wait. You need to talk to them, figure out how in the hell to stop whatever is happening. Not just run off and hope everything is normal when you come back," I heard rummaging and some papers russel as well, "Take these and look through them, find a loophole in it all. I have some stuff to take care of but I'll stop by in a couple of days. Goodbye," E.J spoke, after he finished the door closed shut and silence once again enveloped the house.

I sat in the chair and tried to process what I had overheard. The room seemed as if it had started spinning, it made me want to puke. I tried to take deep breaths but it wasn't helping the iron grip fear had on my lungs. I squeezed my eyes shut and shook my head violently, I just needed everything to calm down.

My breathing started picking up alongside with everything else. Everything was simply too much and needed to quiet down. The tears that were threatening to fall clouded my vision and turned everything into meshed together blobs. In the bubble of loud noises and swirling visions I had created I didn't notice that someone had come behind me until I felt a hand gently place onto my shoulder. I didn't lift my head up to face Masky, I buried my face into the blanket.

I didn't want him to see me in this state, all of the fights that I had put up only for me to be reduced to whatever mess I was now.

"I have some food cooking, come in the kitchen whenever you're ready" He spoke softly, footsteps echoing away.

Once he was away from sight I lifted my head and tried to distract myself with my surroundings. I feverishly wiped my eyes in an attempt to at least regain my vision.

In the window I stared at my quivering reflection, my eyes were red and puffy as well as the skin near my eyes. It made me sick looking at myself, in just a month the eyes that were staring back at me could be cold and dead. I looked away and squeezed my eyes at the thought.

After a couple of minutes I eventually calmed down enough to be ready to face Masky. I took one last deep breath before I lifted myself off the chair and started towards the kitchen.

Masky's POV

I heard soft footsteps followed by chair creaking, I had my back turned but I knew they were staring at me, "The ramon will be done in a second. Sorry it's nothing gourmet but it's the only thing we got right now. I'll go to the store sometime soon," I turned my head back just a bit to catch a little nod from them.