Chapter Fifteen

I woke up to the sound of pans clanging in the kitchen. I let out a groan and lifted my head up. For a worn down chair and blanket that was a pretty comfy place to sleep.  I pushed a few strands of hair out of my face and turned around to see what was going on behind me.

It was Masky, he was cooking some type of something, I couldn't tell from how far away I was, I even squinted my eyes but I still wasn't able to make it out. The air was cold so I draped the blanket around my shoulder and stepped out onto the cold wooden floor.

I cringed with how cold it was, I wanted to climb back into the chair but I needed to use the bathroom. As I headed to the hall Masky turned around and looked at me, I paused and stared right back at him.

"Hurry," Was all he said before he turned right back around and continued doing what the hell he was before.

I continued the path to the bathroom, once I was in I turned the hot water on and waited. I peeled off my bandages and took a look at the wound. It looked slightly better than before, but it still made me cringe at the sight of it, it was nothing close to a normal wound.

I turned my attention back to the show and checked to make sure the door was locked before I hopped into the shower. The water stung at first but slowly melted away into a nice warm feeling, a smile crept onto my face, God, I really needed this. I ran my fingers through my hair and scrubbed it clean. Suddenly a banging noise came from the door, I jumped and nearly gave myself a concussion but caught myself.

"Hurry up!" Masky yelled.

I rolled my eyes and turned off the water, I dried my body off and mostly dried off my hair. I grabbed the brush that was on the counter and brushed through my hair quickly. I looked at the clothes that I had been wearing for days. They need one good hellava wash. I reluctantly slid them back on and opened the door. The sudden cold air made me shiver, I grabbed my hands around myself and headed to the kitchen.

I was met with Masky fixing a singular plate, down on the table were two drinks of coffee, one with a bright pink straw. I let out a little laugh to the ridiculous looking straw, it was just so out of place compared to everything else. I sat down at the table waiting for him to say something but he never did. So, I grabbed the coffee without the straw and took a sip. It was nice and hot, just what I needed, that and the caffeine.

He turned around and sat the plate in front of me, it contained some scrambled eggs and two slices of bacon. I looked up at him questioningly.

"I didn't poison it. Eat it, you have much to discuss, you'll need the extra energy," He said

I nodded my head and grabbed the fork. Once I had taken a bite out of the food my body reminded me of just how hungry I was. The temptation to just swallow the whole plate was something I wanted to do but I didn't want to eat it all just in case it really was poison.

He cleared his throat to get my attention. I glanced up at him, "Well, I'm sure you have some questions and I wanted to answer some of them,"

"You think?" I answered sarcastically

He gave out an exasperated sigh and ran his hand through his hair, "Listen, can we just have one, one conversation like civil people,"

Something in me snapped at that statement, "Civil people?" I muttered, "Civil fucking people! Civil people don't kidnap others. Civil people don't murder each other and have psychotic urges that they can't control. So don't you dare say anything about me not being civil,"

He snapped his head up at me "I am trying to help you! But if you want to rot away in your own shitty little mind. Be my guest. Because I won't be there to help you figure out what the hell's wrong with you!" He was breathing heavily, even with the mask I could tell he was planning on hitting me.