Chapter 14

My eyes fluttered open slowly, I heard rustling and soft voices coming from the other side of the room. I closed my eyes once again to make it seem as if i was still asleep. I might be able to get some information like this.

The voices were so low I could nearly hear them, I had to stop breathing to listen.

"I hope I didn't hurt you too much," Hoodie said in an apologetic tone.

"No it's ok... Its just a little heavy ache now," Masky's voice sounded drained and raspy.

I heard the fridge open and some clinking noises, followed by the sink turning on then off again.

"Drink some water, you sound like you need it,' Hoodie said with a light chuckle

"Thanks," Another long pause.

"You know," Hoodie started "Why don't you talk to them, they've been in the dark about everything, I'm sure they'd appreciate it if you explained a couple of things to them."

"How? Have you even seen them? They look like they've been drained of life. They're covered in bruises cuts and god knows what type of sick shit Slenderman is sending into their dreams... Did I tell you what happened?" Masky asked

"About what?" Hoodie asked slowly.

I turned over on my side facing away from them, Damn, it was nice to know Masky, at least, acknowledged he was a terrible person. I rolled my eyes at the thought. He was going to rant about how terrible he treated me and how bad my situation was but do nothing about it, typical.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when I heard footsteps approaching me. I shut my eyes once again and relaxed my body, I slowed my breathing and hoped they didn't notice I was awake.

The footsteps approached me and suddenly stopped when they were right beside me. I could hear their breathing, it sent my hairs on my neck to stand up straight. Suddenly a hand grabbed my shoulder. My eyes flew open and I swung at whoever was standing there. It was Masky, he easily stepped away from the swing.

"I knew it," He said in a smug tone.

I tried to slow my breathing but it wouldn't slow down. I couldn't relax with him so close to me, especially with that creepy mask that he wore.

"Got a new mask huh?" I asked in an innocent voice, not letting any of my intentions seep through my voice.

He stiffened, "Yes,"

"Let's hope that one isn't as weak as the last one, it would be a shame if it broke again," A little smile crept on my face due to his silence from the remark.

He paused, then took a breath. "And it would be a shame if that pretty little face broke again wouldn't it."

My smile fell.

Suddenly he reached out and grabbed my arm, "Hey! Let me go, asshole!"

He dragged  me to the kitchen table and tossed me over to the chair. I stumbled a bit but didn't fall.

"Sit" He commanded from the other side of the room, he was rummaging through the medicine cabinet once again. I sat in the chair but a little fire of resentment rose in my chest. I was getting tired of all of this shit. I hated to admit it but I agreed with Hoodie, I really wished he would tell me what was even going on. I guess I must have been deep in my thoughts because Masky started shaking my shoulder. I jumped and looked at him, my eyes were wide with fear of what he was going to do now.

"Give me your arm, the injured one," He stated monotonically.

I threw out my arm to him and turned my face away from him so he couldn't see me. He gently opened the bandages on my arms and continued to take them off. Once he had them off he discarded them onto the table he examined the cuts. I took a glance at them as well but I really wish I didn't. I grimaced at such a sight, the disgusting green that mixed into my veins before had gotten worse, dried blood and whatever that stuff was, crusted around the wound.