Chapter Five

As I stepped into the coffee shop the scent of brewing coffee filled the air. I looked around and took a seat at the bar stool at the window. There weren't but a handful of people here. 8:24, still pretty early, it's not crowded yet. I kinda hope it stays that way.

It's not a big town per-say, more medium sized, big enough to have a block full of shops and small enough to where everyone basically knows everyone.

"Hi, would would you like to drink today," the waiter said with a smile,

"Oh, just a medium coffee with a pump of vanilla," I said, returning the smile.

"Alrighty, I'll get that to ya in a sec!" She said as she walked back to the kitchen.

I pulled out my phone and checked the weather, "Cloudy with snow coming down around 3" it read. I'm glad it isn't gonna storm like it did last night, wouldn't wanna get caught in those things.

"Here ya go madam," she placed a coffee on the table, "Will that be all?" she asked.

"Thank you, and yes that's it," I replied

"Alright, are you gonna pay with cash or card,"

"Cash please," I handed her the money and she gave me the change

"Enjoy!" she turned back around and went to another table, it was a guy, a really tall guy at that. He had medium long brown hair and brown eyes. He had on a mask so I couldn't see anything else.

He looked up at me. SHIT, I turned around quickly, Oh my god what the actually fuck was I thinking. I could feel my face heating up, just drink your coffee and look outside, I told myself.

I took a sip, it was still pretty hot but it was still drinkable. Besides, it was nice to have something so hot on such a cold day. As I was looking out the window I could see the  guy in the reflection. He was staring at me.

Jesus, why can't I just have a chill morning, just a relaxing morning ya know. Just focus on the coffee he wouldn't be able to hurt you, it's a public place, to many witnesses.

I took the last sip of coffee want wondered what to do next, I could still feel that guy staring at me. You know what, I'm going to go get me some crystals, I need some fucking protection from all this shit.

I looked at my phone and searched up what crystals I would need.

After a bit of searching I found some I wanted to get, citrine: for good luck and positive vibes, amethyst: for emotional and spiritual protection, selenite: it replaces bad energy with good energy, and finally black tourmaline: a powerful protecter and healer.

Maybe this could be a new thing for me, I felt like a witch. I might look like an idiot but still, this shit was hella cool.

I left a tip on the table and walked out, Oh it's still really cold, I shoved my hands into my pockets from the sudden cold. I started walking toward the crystal shop.

There still wasn't that many people out, now that I think about it there was that shooting. Yea, that's definitely not it, totally... unbelievable, how did I forget about that, well I mean I guess I did come face to face with fucking death itself. I shook my head and kept walking.

Something doesn't feel right, I feel like I'm being watched. I looked to my sides, nothing, then I look a glance behind me.

It was him, the guy from the coffee shop. I looked forward again. Shit shit SHIT, I should have brought my gun with me. Remember, he can't make a move on you, public place. Even with that knowledge my breath became uneven, finally the store was right around the corner.

I ran the last couple of steps to the store. Opening the doors of the shop the smell of nature and herbs was quite strong, it calmed me for some odd reason.

"Welcome, Welcome," called an old lady behind the wooden counter, "If you need any help with anything don't be afraid to ask dear,"

"Thank you," I replied, not really knowing to to say.

Alright let's get down to business, I pulled out my phone and started searching for everything I needed.

After scanning through everything I had found everything I needed, the only difference was that I had gotten the black tourmaline as a necklace instead.

I placed all my items on the counter.

"My, my, is everything alright, you seem on edge,"

"Oh yes ma'am, just ya know, didn't get much sleep, I was... studying, yea, it gets to be a lot," I have a reassuring smile, Please by it.

"Dear would you like some camomile and rosemary, just throw them in your bath, they'll help you relax a bit,"

"Oh that be lovely," I said

"I'll give them to you free, you seem like you need them dear," she said with a chuckle.

"Oh, thank you so much!" I love this woman, I'll definitely becoming back to buy more of this.

"Cash or card dear," the old woman asked.

"Card please," I responded, I swiped my card and signed it.

She loaded everything into a little baggie, "Come back soon dear,"

"Thank you so much," I responded "Have a nice day," I walked toward the door and started to push it open.

"Hey dear," the woman called,

I turned around and looked at her "Yes?"

"Be carful out there and keep that black tourmaline on you. You'll be happy you have it when you need it," she said with a serious tone and look.

"Oh, um, I will, and I'll come back soon, I promise," I said, trying to be a bit positive.

"Alright dear, come back soon," she said, she waved with a smile,

I waved back and opened the door. Once I stepped out it seemed colder then when I stepped in. I pulled out my phone and looked at the time, 10:53.

The snow storm is gonna start around three, I have to to pick up something to eat then. I started the way back to my house, deciding to get McDonalds on the way back.

                                                                  .・゜-: ✧ :-  -: ✧ :-゜・.

Once I got the food I sped walked back to the house. I did not want my chicken nuggets and fries to get cold or soggy.

After a twenty minute walk or so I finally got home, my hunger and tiredness were starting to get to me. I sat all my things on the counter and pulled out my food along side with a drink from the fridge.

I was hoping that when I got home that the feeling of being watched would go away, but the fear in my mind only seemed to worsen as I ate.